Saturday Challenge- Simply Daisy- Winner= Marilyn!

Good-beautiful-sunny-Saturday-Mornin’!
My challenge to you on this last day of the Crop is to create a CAS (clean and simple) card that includes a daisy. That’s it! A clean and simple card using a simply beautiful flower! Your daisy can be white or colored… a single bloom or in a bunch. You can punch it, stamp it, use scrapbook paper, or even use a photo.

CAS means a card has clean lines, lots of “open space” and very few to no embellishments. On my sample card, the “open space” is white. Your card base can be any color you would like, as long as there is lots of that color showing through… and your card must also feature a daisy on it!

If you don’t have any daisy stamps or punches, you can use scrapbook paper, a daisy photo or digital images from the web. Here are a few of my favorite digis:
http://tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.co. ... s-and.html
http://lilac-n-lavender.blogspot.com/20 ... cards.html
http://paulaposts.blogspot.com/2011/03/ ... isies.html

When researching for this challenge, I found some fun info on the web about this sweet flower: Daisy (April Birth Flower)
It is believed the flowers name came from a combination of the words “day’s eye,” because the head of the daisy, unlike many flowers, closes completely at night and reopens in the morning. It’s also known as ‘thunder flower’ in some regions, because its peak blooming season is Summer when thundershowers occur very often.
Because daisies can grow practically anywhere, most of us have memories from childhood of making daisy chains to wear as necklaces and crowns. This delicate blossom is also used for the famous “she loves me, she loves me not” method of telling of love’s fortune. For this reason, daisies are commonly linked to simplicity, curiosity, cheerfulness, playfulness, purity of youth , and innocence of young love.

Please create something different for each challenge you enter for this crop. You have until Tuesday, May 5 at midnight PST (gives you a couple more hours this time) to upload a picture of your creation for this challenge to be entered into a drawing for a prize. Thank you for playing along.

1. Ellie
2. Sheri
3. Golda
4. Koren
5. Trudi
6. Terrie
7. Susan
8. Marilyn- WINNER!
9. Barry
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Wed May 06, 2015 10:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

This is a good cheerful challenge, Kathy. I grow daisies in my garden and they always make me smile. Thanks so much for hosting!
Ellie

Wow! What a lot of fun and interesting info you found, Kathy. This is a great challenge, too. I love your daisy chain (yep, that's what I think of with them going down the patterned paper strip like that).
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Yeah! Two weeks ago I found a daisy stamp at Goodwill...now I know why I was compelled to buy it!
Trudeenr

I don't use these vertical sentiments often enough; they're kind of fun. Thanks for a daisy of a challenge, Kathy!
Attachments
IMG_1821.jpg
CAS Daisy
IMG_1821.jpg (94.4 KiB) Viewed 235 times
Ellie

What a cool card, Ellie! I really like that vertical sentiment.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Trudi... I love that Goodwill gifted you with a stamp for this Crop! Can't wait to see your card.
Ellie, Your CAS card is lovely. And that sentiment is the perfect compliment to the image. Thanks for playing along!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I have had this strip for ages. I was playing around with the stamp one day trying to decide what color to use and so I had these all in a line. And I thought to myself "That might be cute on a card sometime." So I kept it. AND HERE IT IS!! It worked perfectly.

DaisyCASFlowersShowersCrop2015.JPG
DaisyCASFlowersShowersCrop2015.JPG (106.35 KiB) Viewed 223 times
Whispers

Fabulous card, Sheri!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Sheri, It worked perfectly is right! Great CAS card. Love it!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Next

Return to Flowers and Showers Crop--April 29-May 2, 2015