Step Right Up!

I had the best of intentions, but I can't even find a paper cutter so I'm a little stuck. Maybe tomorrow I'll give it another shot. I'm really bummed because I spent about an hour looking for a project to work on and I was excited about it. Grr.
Elaine
eoconnell

Oh, Elaine, I really hope you can find it, or at least a pair of scissors! I am really looking forward to seeing some of your fun cards.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Elaine - I know how it is about wanting to craft and not being able too! Today was the 1st day of Joseph's Eagle Project...I had 7 boys and 8 adults here building bat boxes. Tomorrow is install day. I hope to get to the rest of the challenges!
Trudeenr

Don't forget you have until Tuesday at midnight...let's say Barry's time...to create your entries. After that time, our judges will be hard at work randomly selecting who will win in each category.

Thank you all for attending our great State Fair! It has been a fun event! I never thought to mention to you that the state we represent is the great state of CREATIVITY...perhaps the great state of CONFUSION, depending on which side of that fine line you choose. I hope you all had a great time!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Marilyn and Sheri, love your ribbon stories. Thanks for sharing!

Elaine, hope you get a chance to stamp... and that your life settles down soon. We miss you here!

Trudi, by bat boxes... do you mean like for baseball bats? Or... for (gasp, gulp) flying bats? I know that we need the flying insect eating bats to control our mosquito population, but I don't like them very much. We lived in a house where they lived in our attic. So... on second thought, I hope they are making boxes for the winged bats! They need homes of their own!!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, that sounds suspiciously like you had bats in your belfry. LOL (If you don't get the joke let me know. You may be too young.)
Ellie

Ellie wrote:Kathy, that sounds suspiciously like you had bats in your belfry. LOL (If you don't get the joke let me know. You may be too young.)

Ellie, I get the joke... and I think I still have bats in my belfry even though we have no attic!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

The local Grange has bats (yes, the flying mice kind) in it's attic. They want to keep them because they help control the mosquito and Shakespeare Northwest performs in the "natural" amphitheater on the property (it's an old rock quarry with GREAT acoustics), but they want them out of the building. The boys built 8 boxes and today was the install. I'll post a group shot tonight or tomorrow (when Grandpa emails them to me). It was a fun project to watch the boys work on...but I'll be glad when all the paperwork is done...he has to have everything signed off BEFORE Sept 3rd (his 18th birthday) or he won't be eligible to receive it. Procrastination is something he inherited from his Daddy, not me! :roll:
Trudeenr

Whew....What a weekend. It felt like such a whirl wind!

We had our tax free weekend, so...Friday we went and got Bug some things for preschool (new backpack, some socks, a new set of pj's that she fell in love with)--all tax free! Which is great since our sales tax nears 10% (ouch).

Saturday, Hubby went hiking most of the day, so Bug and I went and got the fabric for her 1st day of school sign (cause the first piece we got was too small--I goofed.--So yeah, that was trip #2 to Walmart.) Then we went over to Babies R Us and started a registry there for Little 2 (aka "Blueberry Cheesecake"). Hubby's coworkers are planning a shower, so I thought we should get something up for people to look at... Bug was my helper. THEN... Saturday evening my coworker/former boss got us free tickets to a baseball game (he's the team manager...coach?). So we took Bug to her first baseball game. She was so cute. Daddy explained what they were doing. She'd ask questions... "Did he hit it?" etc. My favorite comment of hers was seeing one of the guys on 1st base (his backside) covered in dirt where he'd slid into base "He has dirt ALL OVER HIM!" It was funny. We couldn't stay for the whole game (due to bed time), but we saw through part of the 7th inning. "We" were ahead by 7 when we left.

Today we went to church, came home and had lunch, and then the running began again. Hubby had reminded me that he needed new shoes (hadn't found any at the shoe store Friday night) and found some holes in the shorts he was wearing... Well tax free weekend... So trip #3 to Walmart commenced. Got him some clothes and a pair of shoes, so hopefully he'll look less like a ragamuffin! :lol: We needed to go to Lowes for some water seal for Bug's swing set. And I also had 2 promo cards from Kohl's, so we went there and got some clothes for Little 2.
And we still needed to do grocery shopping... Finally that is done and put away. Bug is in bed. I think I've got all her things ready for school tomorrow save making her lunch...

And I'm too bushed to make any cards... I think I've got 3 and 1/2 challenges left to complete... Wow...how sad is that.

I'll see what I can manage tomorrow. For now...Good night all!
Whispers

Sheri, I can't believe how much you accomplished in one weekend... while pregnant... and with Bug in tow. You should have bought some red fabric for a cape during one of those trips to Wally World!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

PreviousNext

Return to State Fair Crop--August 5-8, 2015