Thursday--Ferris Wheel Winner is...Marilyn!!!

Beautiful Mom! I love the color combination!
Whispers

Marilyn, that is beautiful! I love how the pink circle edges make it look either like knitting, or also like a trellis for your gorgeous flowers.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

cute cards everyone. I wish I could comment on all of them.
Attachments
getPart.jpg
getPart.jpg (53.27 KiB) Viewed 222 times
Linda Jo

Barry... love the fun colors on your card.
Ellie... whether we can see the textures or not... your card is great!
Linda Jo....Love, love, LOVE that sentiment!!

Seems like I am needing lots of new baby and toddler cards lately, so took the opportunity to make one with cutouts from an advertisement and a swap birthday card candy sentiment (from Cindy Wasser. I miss her!)

Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Linda Jo, great sentiment! Why haven't I seen that before? Is it new? You can't buy new stuff without telling me!

Kathy, that's a very sweet card.
Ellie

I love everyone's use of circles.

Here is mine. This is a color combination that I would not have come up with on my own, but I have been seeing it everywhere and thought that I would try it. The colors don't look right in the picture. I used Stampin' Up Cool Caribbean, Groovy Guava, and Sahara Sand.
Attachments
scan0005.jpg
scan0005.jpg (72.25 KiB) Viewed 209 times
Koren
I do whatever the voices tell me to do.
purpleladybug

Koren... the color combo is excellent. And I love the way the enamel dots fit into the circles AND the color scheme.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Linda Jo, that is fantastic! I love it!
Kathy, your card is adorable! Love those cutouts you did.
Koren, your card is beautiful with the soft colors!

Okay, this is what I did first:
Circles 1 (294x400).jpg
Circles 1 (294x400).jpg (122.28 KiB) Viewed 206 times

Then didn't think it really worked as it isn't truly a circle. It does, however, remind me of a Ferris wheel and I did piece in all those little tiny pieces. Every piece of paper I used had circles on it in one form, or another. So, I made this one for my nephew's birthday. The two pieces spin, which, when I saw Barry's challenge made me wish I could use it there, but it was for this one, so I did something different for his.
Circles 2 (400x318).jpg
Circles 2 (400x318).jpg (113.72 KiB) Viewed 206 times

I do way too much explaining, don't I. I won't know if you don't read it. ;)
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Linda Jo--First off, it is FANTASTIC to see you on again! Secondly, love the sentiment. Definitely gets a chuckle! And I'd not have thought to do a narrow strip with the circles down the side like that. Well done!

Kathy--great job! I love how you recycle/upcycle! You're so good at that! I'd not have thought to do it.

Koren--the color combo is beautiful! I love it! (but...I don't have those colors. boo... :cry: ;) ) Were I you, I'd take the combo and do some more; both in that layout and others. Why only do a good thing once, right?

Golda--Let me just say...1st card, WOW! I can definitely see the circles, thought the focal point does outshine them. But that is very cool! 2nd card, love it! I love the intricate looking circles. Where'd you get those/How did you do them?
Whispers

Golda, both of your cards are amazing! The care and attention you gave them is so apparent!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

PreviousNext

Return to State Fair Crop--August 5-8, 2015