Thursday--Ferris Wheel Winner is...Marilyn!!!

Koren, I really like your design as well as the pretty color combo.

Golda, both cards are super but I am truly wowed by the first one, that is amazing!
Ellie

Who knew circles could be so much fun? Love everyone's take on this.
Elaine
eoconnell

Whispers wrote:Golda--Let me just say...1st card, WOW! I can definitely see the circles, thought the focal point does outshine them. But that is very cool! 2nd card, love it! I love the intricate looking circles. Where'd you get those/How did you do them?

Thanks, Sheri. The smaller one at the bottom is a die that is actually the inside for a type of flower. The larger one that folds under is a die by Spellbinders - they have a bunch of them. It cuts through, then you just fold up one section and tuck it under the next all the way around. They are fun, but have to cut cleanly to work and are a bit time consuming. Though, I suppose if you used them a lot it wouldn't take so much time. Anyway, check Spellbinders as the flower probably is one of theirs, too. There are several of the fold and tuck type: Angle Approach, Carnival Dream, Floral Burst, etc.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Sorry I'm late posting everyone! Busy busy day... Work then, picked up Bug, home for a quick lunch, and on to my doctor's appointment.

Finally home and I had Bug draw our challenge winner--she pulled #4--Mamaw! Ah...I mean MARILYN!!! There was no cheating happening! I promise! :lol:

So Mom, I think I have your address here somewhere... ;)

Thank you to all who participated!
Whispers

Oh how fun! I'll bet that bug was... well... happy as a bug in a rug when she pulled out her Mawmaws name!
So fun!
Kathy
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

She might have been had she known what we were doing. She was just excited that Mommy needed her to be her helper. That was privilege enough apparently!
Whispers

Whispers wrote:She might have been had she known what we were doing. She was just excited that Mommy needed her to be her helper. That was privilege enough apparently!

Funny that my husband doesn't get that excited when I ask him to pick a slip from a mug. He usually just gives me 'the look' when I interrupt his reading or web surfing!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, I think I know that look! Yet they can interrupt you a hundred times and expect you to take it in your stride! Oh well...life is good.

I really think Bug was wanting to watch a show. She wanted to watch Thumbelina ( I think she called her Bumblina, instead) instead of being excited she was picking a name for a winner. If she only knew that Thumbelina was Mamaw's favorite doll as a child, she might have been more interested. Or not!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Paintbrushbrown wrote:Kathy, I think I know that look! Yet they can interrupt you a hundred times and expect you to take it in your stride! Oh well...life is good.

I really think Bug was wanting to watch a show. She wanted to watch Thumbelina ( I think she called her Bumblina, instead) instead of being excited she was picking a name for a winner. If she only knew that Thumbelina was Mamaw's favorite doll as a child, she might have been more interested. Or not!

Oh, I remember being fascinated with little Thumbelina when I was about Bug's age, too. When you're little, any person littler than you is fascinating. Except for babies. They fascinate for a bit, and then become stinky little parent attention sponges! (Bug will soon learn that!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Previous

Return to State Fair Crop--August 5-8, 2015