Thursday - Cotton Candy - Winner is KATHY

Who can go to the fair and not see cotton candy? Granted, I don’t think I ever tasted it until I took my children to the fair and they both HAD to have some, and both hated it after a couple of bites. I tasted a bit and hated it, too. However, it looks so cool.

So, your challenge is to use some string, thread, twine, or fibers and make your design. You can actually make something with it and put it on your card as the main image. You can stamp, write or draw, put on some glue and go around it. Or, come up with another way to make your strings the main focus on your card. Here are a couple of examples:

On the first one, I cut some scalloped circles and ovals and went around with the twine to make my “spirelli” type ornaments. Just an FYI, they turned out quite thick, so I had to add extra postage.

Cotton Candy 1 (320x400).jpg
Cotton Candy 1 (320x400).jpg (119.8 KiB) Viewed 214 times

On the next one, I traced around the pieces of my card with the twine.

Cotton Candy 2 (294x400).jpg
Cotton Candy 2 (294x400).jpg (78.33 KiB) Viewed 214 times

On the last one, I wrote out “Happy Birthday” and did my best to glue the twine/thread on for the sentiment. This one looks and sounds simple, but I spent over 3 hours working on it. Yikes!

Cotton Candy 3 (400x310).jpg
Cotton Candy 3 (400x310).jpg (122.27 KiB) Viewed 214 times

I can’t wait to see what you come up with for your “cotton candy”. You have until midnight on Tuesday to complete the challenge and post a picture of your creation. Next Wednesday morning, I will randomly choose someone that has tried this and posted a picture of their creation as the recipient of a small prize.

Participants:
1. Trudi
2. Ellie
3. Barry
4. Marilyn
5. Sheri
6. Kathy - Winner chosen by Random.org
7. Koren
Last edited by Golda on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:02 am, edited 7 times in total.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

How fun!!! I can't stand the stuff either.
Your example cards are really fun and cute Golda!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Interesting challenge, Golda. This is going to take some playing with to come up with an idea. Oh boy, creative time!
Ellie

Thanks to the Card Candy that Marilyn has gifted me, I was able to put this card together!

P1280227.JPG
P1280227.JPG (58.44 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Trudeenr

Ah! And Trudeen that paper sets it off beautifully! Well done!

I love your medallions Golda. And I can believe how long those letters took you! I tried something similar once and decided never again! LOL
Whispers

Trudi, you set Marilyn's work of beautifully with your card! Thanks for playing along.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Gorgeous card, Trudi!

I made this card for a dear lady who is celebrating her 90th birthday on Saturday. It's to be a surprise party for her during her family reunion. I hope it's not too much of a shock for her. She keeps my cards on display in her china cabinet so I know she will appreciate getting another one. This challenge helped me decide how to make her card so, thanks for the fiber challenge, Golda. I was lucky to have paper in my stash that matches the fiber.
Attachments
IMG_1946.jpg
Cotton Candy Challenge
IMG_1946.jpg (126.25 KiB) Viewed 189 times
Ellie

Thanks for playing along, Ellie! I'm sure she will love the card.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, what a fun challenge and I love the variety of your sample cards. (But I also don't like cotton candy. If I am going to eat that many calories, they will be chocolate!!)

Trudi, I love your card that so beautifully highlights Marilyn's artwork.

Ellie, perfect card for a vintage aged person! BTW- what does the inside sentiment say?
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

The inside of my card says You must be turning 90! The price on that DP is $1.99 for six hamburgers, six orders of fries and six drinks. I have to admit that I remember getting a burger, fries and a coke for about a dollar in the late 60's. After a night out with my girlfriends, I could put half a tank of gas into our family car for less than $2. Boy, am I getting old!! :lol: :roll:
Ellie

Next

Return to State Fair Crop--August 5-8, 2015