Thursday - Cotton Candy - Winner is KATHY

I can't believe many of you don't like cotton candy. Oh my word I love the stuff! But then I do like anything sweet so there ya go! Anyway, I saw this design on line and liked the simplicity of it and it met the challenge but boy, did I cut alot of the Bakers twine and I found out that I didn't have yellow so a little jaunt to JoAnn's solved that dilemma!

Barry
Prince of Paper

I love cotton candy and, as a teen, worked in a concession stand making cotton candy. You would be surprised at how little sugar you are actually eating. You get more in one of those lemon shake-ups, I'm sure.

I hope you can see the Stickles on the base. The background was too plain for my thoughts, but I didn't want those beautiful servings of cotton candy to get lost in printed paper, either.

Loved this and thank you for the challenge, Golda!
Attachments
Cotton Candy Golda.jpg
Cotton Candy Golda.jpg (46.03 KiB) Viewed 107 times
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Nope! I can't see the Stickles either! It is there and adds a lot to the card!!! I promise!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Paintbrushbrown

Ellie, we were just telling our 14 year old grandson about gas being 25 cents a gallon. How funny!!!
Your card is wonderful.
Trudi, I love what you did with Marilyn's beautiful art work. Gorgeous card!
Barry, very unique card and design!!!
Marilyn, very cute card!!!
Jane
Jane from Utah

For some reason, using those embellishments, Trudi, never entered my mind! Beautiful card!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Paintbrushbrown

Nice rainbow card, Barry!

Marilyn, I can see the stickles but I wouln't have if you hadn't mentioned them. After reading your post, I looked extra hard and there they were. I like your spirellies.
Ellie

Barry, I love the way you did your card. I'm so glad you went and got the yellow bakers twine, too. It just wouldn't be the same without it.

Marilyn, I can definitely see the stickles. You did a great job on your spirelli pieces.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I have my card done--Bug even helped (to pique your interest!)--I just haven't had a chance to get a pic and post it. I'll try to do that this afternoon.
Whispers

Ok...I didn't get anything accomplished today, but decided I should at the very least get this one posted.
I had the focal point and sentiment on the card and asked Bug what she thought. The conversation went something like this:
Bug: "good"
Me: "But it needs something doesn't it?"
Bug: "Yeah. How 'bout some color around."
Me: "Here on the edges?"
Bug: "Yeah"

So we did. And I have to admit she was completely right and it was a fabulous addition.

Mom said I had a duck fetish going on, but...It was one baby type stamp that I had that wasn't huge and was versatile enough for thank you cards! That and you have to admit...He's cute!

Little2HelloBabyThankyouDuckwStringMedallion.JPG
Little2HelloBabyThankyouDuckwStringMedallion.JPG (127.77 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Whispers

Sheri, I love duckies!! You are getting lots of good use from that stamp and that's a good thing, as Martha Stewart would say. I think Bug's advice was dead on; it was probably too bare without that nice yellow halo. Great card, you two!
Ellie

PreviousNext

Return to State Fair Crop--August 5-8, 2015