Ribbons, Ribbons Everywhere! The Winner is SHERI

There is nothing like checking out your own entries in the fair and seeing those beautiful ribbons hanging from YOUR pieces! I have some white ones, red ones, blue ones, but there is nothing like getting those big beautiful rosettes for the championship!

Your challenge here is to make something using a rosette in the colors of fair ribbons. Perhaps in your area, there are different colors used that in mine. They usually use primary colors, but I have seen green and then, of course, PURPLE! You don't have to stick to cards for this challenge. It always costs more to send these through the mail and they need a special envelope, but they are sooooo pretty. I like to make tags so added one here. You also can draw, paint, color whatever you like to do. Go for the championship!

1. Ellie
2. Trudi
3. Kathy
4. Linda Jo
5. Golda
6. Sheri

As all other challenges, you will have through Tuesday night to finish your projects and post a photo here to be entered into a drawing for a small prize from me. I will draw on Wednesday. Have fun!
Attachments
Colored Ribbons 3.jpg
Colored Ribbons 3.jpg (52.69 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Colored Ribbons 2.jpg
Colored Ribbons 2.jpg (52.2 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Colored Ribbons 1.jpg
Colored Ribbons 1.jpg (60.95 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Last edited by Paintbrushbrown on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

What a great challenge Marilyn! Cute examples too!!!
Jane
Jane from Utah

What a fun challenge, especially as I just read about your students and their ribbons.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Great Challenge Marilyn...I especially love the Christmas card!
Trudeenr

It has been Forever since I made a rosette and I forgot how big they can end up. This one is going to hang in one of my windows because it's way too big to put on a tag or a card. It is real cute, though. Thanks for the challenge, Marilyn.
Attachments
IMG_1951.jpg
Ribbons, Ribbons Everywhere Challenge
IMG_1951.jpg (118.46 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Ellie

Ellie, that is fantastic! How did you ever get it so big? Good grief, mine always turn out pretty small, though not tiny.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie, your home décor is great! I made some really big ones for wall decorations. I needed some color that was really big. I bet this will look great in the window. When it fades, you can replace it easily enough.
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Golda wrote:Ellie, that is fantastic! How did you ever get it so big? Good grief, mine always turn out pretty small, though not tiny.

It was very easy, Golda. I just lost my mind and used strips of paper that were 3 inches wide which makes the finished medallion 6 inches across.
Ellie

Oh so cute Ellie!!! I love how big it is too.
Jane
Jane from Utah

Ellie wrote:
Golda wrote:Ellie, that is fantastic! How did you ever get it so big? Good grief, mine always turn out pretty small, though not tiny.

It was very easy, Golda. I just lost my mind and used strips of paper that were 3 inches wide which makes the finished medallion 6 inches across.

Yep, I can see that doing it! I am thoroughly impressed.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to State Fair Crop--August 5-8, 2015