Ribbons, Ribbons Everywhere! The Winner is SHERI

Well, when I looked up the ribbon colors I found out that 3rd place was a white ribbon, so here's my white and black rosette card. The black is washi tape that I put on before scoring and folding...it's the same tape as along the edge of the card. I will add a sentiment when I go to send it out.

P1280247.JPG
P1280247.JPG (56.56 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
Trudeenr

Marilyn, fun challenge and great sample cards!

Elllie, what a great way to 'save' your rosette. It will be a great window or door decoration. Kudos!

Trudi, your B&W card is striking! And that fact that you found a creative way to use washi tape is great. I have a ton of that stuff. Might have to try this technique!

My ribbon is blue. Actually, the ribbon and other image is from a scrapbooking booklet that I purchased for a buck at Goodwill. Has 12 pages of Precious Moment images that I fussy cut during our 15 mile road trip to South Dakota last month. All I needed to add was a bit of shading and highlighting on the image, some paper piecing for the tie and hat band, cut the mutts mouth, slide the ribbon into his mouth and tape it in place, mount on masculine background paper... and my card was good to go.

PS I did learn to simplify fussy cutting on images like this one by using a template to draw an oval on the original image, keeping the more intricate sections (in this case the hair on the top of the dogs head) that would be hardest to cutout within that oval. Made the cutting process MUCH easier and faster! In hind sight I should have kept that little feather/weed thing on his hat and/or the shoelaces inside of the oval. They were a bear to cut out!)

Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi, I really like your black and white creation. It looks very elegant.

Kathy, your Precious Moments guy is darling. Gosh, I cross stitched several of those when my kids were little. Your card brings back sweet memories. Thanks for the cutting tip; that's a great idea. I hope I remember it when I need it.
Ellie

Stinkin cute cards!!!!! My ribbon isnt a typical blue ribbon,but I hope it counts.
Attachments
getPart 3.jpg
getPart 3.jpg (56.41 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
Linda Jo

Linda Jo, that is so fun! It's a good card for a man or a teen; nice work. Girl, you have been busy!
Ellie

Lindo Jo, love the colors on your card. Great color combos!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, love the Precious Moments card and thanks for the tip for fussy cutting. That will come in handy, for sure!

Linda Jo, I love your rosette! The colors really draw me in. I love it!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Trudi, I love the black and white! It truly is stunning.
Kathy, that is so stinkin' cute! Love the image and the cutting tips.
Linda Jo, that is beautiful! I love the different colors and that you used patterned paper.

Mine is pretty simple. I think the purple ribbon is the highest one, here. We do still have blue ribbons for 1st, but purple seems to be the "grand prize ribbon". I may be wrong. Anyway, I went with purple.
Ribbons (312x400).jpg
Ribbons (312x400).jpg (102.38 KiB) Viewed 1320 times

I did use a piece for the center that had both purple and teal sparkly paint on it.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ours are purple, too. I love your card and the sentiment fits perfectly! Great job!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Golda, your purple rosette is beautiful... and the sentiment matches the purple, first-prize, theme!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

PreviousNext

Return to State Fair Crop--August 5-8, 2015