Saturday-Now Playing on the Main Stage....**Winner-Golda**

...That old time rock 'n roll.

One of the things that I remember most about the fair is the concerts so my challenge is for you to make a card using the rock 'n roll technique. Here is a tutorial if you need it http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resou ... ck_n_roll/.

The colors on the picture of my card don't look quite right. It is kind of hard to see, but my flowers are orange with pink on the edges. The pink layer of cardstock is the same color pink as on the flowers, but it doesn't look that way in the picture.

You have until Tuesday night to post your creations and a random winner will be chosen from all participants.

1. Marilyn
2. Barry
3. Trudi
4. Kathy
5. Golda
6. Ellie
7. Sheri
Attachments
scan0002.jpg
scan0002.jpg (88.36 KiB) Viewed 295 times
Last edited by purpleladybug on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
Koren
I do whatever the voices tell me to do.
purpleladybug

Koren, I can definitely see the variation in your colors and they are beautiful! Rock on!
Elaine
eoconnell

Very pretty Koren and a very fun challenge!!!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Thanks for including the tutorial, Koren, I do need to refresh my mind on how to rock and roll. The sample card is beautiful. Good challenge!
Ellie

I have never done this before. I love it! How pretty and difficult looking without being difficult at all! I got to use a stamp I haven't used in a long time and colors I don't normally choose. Today was a good day!
Attachments
Korens Challenge Rock n Roll.jpg
Korens Challenge Rock n Roll.jpg (50.1 KiB) Viewed 271 times
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Marilyn your flowers are beautiful, and I'm glad that you liked the technique.
Koren
purpleladybug

Beautiful example card, Koren! I haven't done this technique in years. Now, to see what I have that will work.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I remember seeing 'Rascal Flatts' one of my most favorite country group perform at our state fair many years ago. My friend who went with me complained the whole time that we had to stand during the whole concert otherwise we wouldn't have been able to see with everyone else standing. I mean after all we did by a 'seat'. Very funny.
I did the rocking technique to the explosion bubble with SU Daffodil Delight and Cherry Cobbler.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry - your card looks like a comic strip panel! Joseph and his "geeky" friends would love it!

I went real simple...balloons! Next time, I definitely will try more contrasting colors and a larger image to work with!

P1280253.JPG
P1280253.JPG (38.06 KiB) Viewed 254 times
Trudeenr

Wow Barry, what a great card. And where did you get the periodic table paper? I love it.

Trudi, your balloons are so cute. I have to agree with using a larger image. I had trouble getting my flowers to look right because that was a smaller stamp and getting it to roll without going too far into the image was hard.
Koren
purpleladybug

Next

Return to State Fair Crop--August 5-8, 2015