State Fair Crop - Admit One - WINNER is.......

Step right up, step right up! A fair is not complete without the amusement rides. Who isn't thrilled to ride on the Tilt-a-whirl, Merry-go-round, Ferris Wheel or the fast moving Roller coaster? Your Challenge is to create a card that spins, rolls, swings, or jiggles. There are a lot of YouTube videos describing these techniques and I have attached several of them below. In my example, my box card contains a Ferris Wheel that spins by using a simple brad.

Here is a Spinning Card - So Cute!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTMg7heHPoU

Here is a Rolling card - very easy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUnR7dXLrJg

Here is a simple wiggle card using wire - So Fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ud8WaW0SE8

Have fun everyone, cards that move, wiggle and spin are such a delight to make and because of their interactive nature bring such joy to the recipients. I hope you try one of these techniques or just make a card that contains an image of a carnival ride!

You have until midnight on Tuesday to complete the challenge and post a picture of your creation. I will randomly choose someone that has tried this and posted a picture of their creation to receive a prize from me.

1. Marilyn
2. Trudi - WINNER!!!!
3. Linda Jo
4. Kathy
5. Golda
6. Ellie
7. Sheri
8. Koren
Last edited by Prince of Paper on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
Barry
Prince of Paper

WOW Barry, that is really spectacular! Fun challenge too!
Elaine
eoconnell

Wow Barry what a fun card!!! LOVE it!!!
I hope to give this a try.
Jane
Jane from Utah

OMG, Barry, your card is amazing!!! You are really setting the bar high. I will look at the tutorials and see what I can come up with. This is a super fun challenge.
Ellie

My card offers a spinner! I have never done one before! Yay for new things! I thought of Sheri while I was doing this card. All this glitter would have given her an anxiety attack! For one with such a sparkling personality, I find that funny!

The inside says "You're a Winner!"
Attachments
Barrys Challenge Admit One.jpg
Barrys Challenge Admit One.jpg (58.26 KiB) Viewed 225 times
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Marilyn, this is terrific! I love the rainbow card and the sentiment is awesome to go with it. Thanks for taking a ticket to ride! :D
Barry
Prince of Paper

Very cute idea and execution, Marilyn!
Ellie

Barry, I love your wonderful card!

Marilyn, that is lovely with all those bright colors and the wonderful sentiment.

Crud, the circle card I made yesterday has 2 pieces that spin. However, that is my circle/ferris wheel card. So, to think of something different for this one.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Awhile back I bought a whole bunch of Action Wobbles and stashed them...this is the perfect challenge for them!

The Wobble pieces were so large and would show, so I added the wobble under the black background. Unfortunately, I got glue inside the wiggle eyes hence the wacky expression!

P1280250.JPG
P1280250.JPG (64.24 KiB) Viewed 207 times
Last edited by Trudeenr on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trudeenr

If I had been mummified, my eyes might be wonky too! Just sayin'...
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Next

Return to State Fair Crop--August 5-8, 2015