State Fair Crop - Admit One - WINNER is.......

Wow Barry!!!!That is amazing!!!!
My robots are on with wire for a jiggle effect.
Attachments
robot.jpg
robot.jpg (61.22 KiB) Viewed 148 times
Linda Jo

Barry what a great challenge. Love your card with the functioning ferris wheel!

Marilyn, your card and sentiment are excellent. And the glitter... well moved it into the category of stellar!

Trudi, I love the added touch of wonky eyes on your wobbly mummy. In this case, glue was your friend!

Linda Jo, love your wobbly robots. Some little kiddo is gonna love them, too!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I received a package of stickers with gears, plus embossed paper with gears, a while ago from one of our WCC friends (don't remember who!) and have wanted to make a steam punk card ever since. This challenge made that happen.
The large gear on the left is a sticker that I cut apart. Punched a hole in the center and added a gold brad so it could move. (I also added cardboard backing behind the background paper to prevent tearing of the gear, hopefully.)
The sentiment was found via googling... and love how it applies to the steam punk idea of time travel!

Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi, I love good Halloween card! yours is so fun and cute! Love the googly eyed (or as Bug would say, Gooly eyed) mummy.

Linda Jo, your robot card is darling. The colors are perfect for manly little men.

Kathy, I can't tell you how much I love your Steampunk card. I like Steampunk but I think it's hard to do and you can't send it to just anybody. Your card has such a wonderful sentiment that could go to anyone. The gears can be steampunk or just manly. Wonderful card!!
Ellie

Ellie wrote: Kathy, I can't tell you how much I love your Steampunk card. I like Steampunk but I think it's hard to do and you can't send it to just anybody. Your card has such a wonderful sentiment that could go to anyone. The gears can be steampunk or just manly. Wonderful card!!

Thanks, Elllie. I've wanted to make a steampunk card for a while... but the reasons you noted are the exact reasons that I hadn't. I also thought that this card could go to a steampunk fan or just about anyone. So... thanks for the comps!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I am loving all the movable cards.

Trudi, that is fantastic! I love the wiggle eyes and the fun expression.
Linda Jo, that is adorable! Someone is going to get a kick out of those moving robots.
Kathy, you did great with the steampunk! It is such a different look.

Okay, like I said, I had made my Ferris Wheel/circle card with spinning parts, so I wanted to do something a bit different. I thought a sloth rolling through the leaves would be fun and my niece, who LOVES sloths would enjoy it. I have to say, I minimize all my Silhouette cut files down to the size I want for a card, and so many just don't cut well that small. Had to do 2 of the 4 parts of this sloth again and it still isn't totally clean cut. (Yep, I'm fussy about stuff like that. Barry, any suggestions?) It does roll along quite nicely.
Whirl (400x319).jpg
Whirl (400x319).jpg (96.53 KiB) Viewed 131 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, your niece is going to love your card. I'm pretty sure that she doesn't get a sloth one very often (probably not a best seller for Hallmark!!) And, the fact that yours was made with love makes it extra special.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi, I just love your googly eyed Mummy! I think the wonky eye gives it character and uniqueness. Great job!
LInda Jo, Your robot card is simply awesome. I had pulled out this piece of robot paper that I got years ago to use on one of the challenges but I couldn't think of where it would fit and you found a place that would work, I didn't even think of doing it for mine! Wonderful work!
Kathy, magnificent job on your steam punk card and for having the courage to attempt this after not ever doing one before. I long to do a steam punk card some day as well I just have to do research on all the elements that make up steampunk!
Golda, your rolling in the leaves sloth is the cutest! very well done. I imagine that your cuts are not coming out completely is that you might have to adjust your cut settings? Maybe just a tad higher? But mostly I am thinking is that your paper might not have been completely stuck down on the mat. I find that tiny air bubbles get under the paper so I take a brayer and make sure that all of the air bubbles are removed. Try this first and let me know how it goes. I have some other suggestions that might help.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Golda, that is stinkin cute!!
Ellie

How creative you have all been with your action cards.
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to State Fair Crop--August 5-8, 2015