Thursday Challenge...Warm and Cozy...Winner is Trudi

Well, Terrie, I looked and looked for a fireplace of some sort. I found this verse with the mention of a chimney. There is also a picture of a rooftop chimney beside the verse. Hope this counts. Linda Jo
Attachments
chimney.jpg
chimney.jpg (55.5 KiB) Viewed 166 times
Linda Jo

Marilyn, the garland is perfect! I like your 3D firebox too. Good job!

LInda Jo, very creative! I like that you thought outside the box. Tis a very cute card!
Elaine
eoconnell

Linda Jo, I love the card and you did think outside the box....
if there's smoke coming out from the chimney you know there a fireplace inside...

Thank you playing a Warm and Cozy Challenge
terrie

Nicely done Linda Jo!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Elaine... your creative fireplace does look warm and cozy.
Marilyn... love the bit of bling on our garland. And the fact that you are concerned about Santa's safety!
Linda Jo... when you think outside of the box, beautiful things happen!

When looking through my "box of Christmas cards that are partly completed" I found a fireplace! A friend actually stamped this image for me over 15 years ago. It was from an SU set that she knew I coveted! So.. did some finishing work... and a fireplace popped up (literally!)
PS I don't make pop-up cards nearly often enough. They are really pretty simple to make and have such a wow factor!
ImageImageImage
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Hey... I was just thinking about a card with a fireplace that I had made to enter into one of the Card Contests that Cheryl hosted at Scrapzee. At the last minute I entered a different card so decided to share the fireplace card here. It was labor intensive but really cute. It was a tri-fold, so I will share all three sections. (The section with the elf folds open and the sentiment is in the middle panel.)

Image Image Image

and a close up of the sweet little elf that is NOT on the shelf! (He got lost in the busy background, so I put a sheet of vellum over that and then perched the little cutie atop it.)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Elaine - I love that you drew in the mortar to create the bricks and that you used a wood grain paper for the mantel!

Marilyn - Love the sparkly bling in the swags! Oh, and no fire means no singed fur on Santa's clothes...Mrs Claus hates singed fur!

Linda - I love that you used the Night Before Christmas story as part of your card!

Kathy - love the pop up fireplace! Your trifold are is adorable.
Trudeenr

Kathy, both your cards are delightful! The pop up fireplace is terrific and the little boy peeking through the window is adorable. Great job on both!
Elaine
eoconnell

Kathy, well done on both cards....the little elf peeking in the window is cute
and the pop-up turned out great....

Thanks for playing in the Warm and Cozy Challenge
terrie

Kathy, those are both great cards!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

PreviousNext

Return to Baby, It's Cold Outside Crop--November 11-14, 2015