Friday Challenge: Ah, but it's cold outside, WINNER: KATHY!

Nothing beats snuggling under a warm beautiful quilt, while sitting near the fireplace and sipping your favorite hot drink when it is cold outside! Yep, we are making quilt cards or tags for this challenge. You can use any quilt design of your choosing. If you google quilt cards or search them on Pinterest, you will find tons for inspiration. For my example I used a patchwork design using SU's Top Note Die. I haven't used that die in ages so this challenge gave me a good excuse to pull it out and make my sample. The sentiment on the inside says, "Warm wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year".
Thanks to Terrie (see her challenge for the fireplace) and Elaine (her challenge covers the drink!)! We didn't talk to one another about our challenges but they sure go well together as if we had planned it!

You have till midnight Tuesday, November 17 to dazzle me with your beautiful quilt cards or tags. I will do a random draw from all participants to choose the winner for my prize.
top note quilt card.jpg
top note quilt card.jpg (72.49 KiB) Viewed 1985 times

Participants:
1) Terrie
2) Kathy Winner!!!!! Congrats!
3) Golda
4) Elaine
5) Marilyn
6) Koren
7) Linda Jo
8) Barry
9) Ellie
10) Trudi
11)
12)
Last edited by SusieQ on Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
SusieQ

Just beautiful Susan.....there is nothing better to warm up than a handmade quilt....
Great challenge
terrie

Susan, that turned out so cute! I love the little ties in there, makes it look even more like a quilt. Your papers are adorable together.
Elaine
eoconnell

so pretty Susan
Linda Jo

Beautiful card Susan and a great challenge!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Susan, I love your card and this challenge.
And speaking of warmth... seeing you here warms my heart. We've missed you!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Susan, that is beautiful! I love the ties on it, too. It is so wonderful to have you back and see your work!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

My quilt card is call Herringbone .....
thanks Susan for a fun challenge.
Attachments
11 13 2015 Quitling Crop.jpg
11 13 2015 Quitling Crop.jpg (190.16 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
terrie

Terrie, what a great card! Love the bold prints in the 'fabric' and in the sheer ribbon.

I had fun with this challenge. The quilt was a little tedious... but not hard. Will be making more of these!
(Although, when I organized my craft room earlier this week I put my buttons somewhere that I can't find. Considering that I had a vat of the things, I cannot figure out where they are! So I had to make one from cardstock to complete this design.

Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Terrie...love the paper you used. I also love the Herringbone design. Very pretty card!

Kathy... Love your card. Looks just like the quilts my grandmother use to make.

Thanks for taking my challenge!
SusieQ

Next

Return to Baby, It's Cold Outside Crop--November 11-14, 2015