Friday Challenge: Ah, but it's cold outside, WINNER: KATHY!

Terrie, yours is gorgeous! I was trying the same sort of thing, but mine is not of nearly the same caliber as yours.

Kathy, I really like that pattern, as well.

Here is my sad attempt. I used a pearl pen to give it some depth/texture, 'cause it just looked way too flat, even with the layers. Quilting, even with paper, does not appear to be my forte.
11-13-15 Quilt (320x400).jpg
11-13-15 Quilt (320x400).jpg (115.92 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I think it looks great Golda! I love the plaid paper. Also love the design you chose to do. Quilting may not be your thing but you conquered this challenge well!
SusieQ

Golda, I also like the plaid paper and how you paired it with the pretty blue colored strips. And the pearl pen adds texture and matches the the blue on the card so well. If I could make one suggestion I'd change the color of the bow. Maybe it's the lighting in the picture but it looks like it is a slightly different shade of blue. A pretty chocolate brown would work great with the plaid.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Terrie, I like your herringbone pattern. Very nice!

Kathy, Very pretty!

Golda, don't be so hard on yourself. It has a homespun look about it and the saying is perfect. Makes me think of curling up on the couch with my blankie.
Elaine
eoconnell

I had to improvise a little - the embossing folder wasn't as big as the card so had to flip it and got a little funky. I let my grandson take the photo because his sister was making a card for Marilyn's challenge. I think he did a pretty good job for 4.

Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine, what a perfect card for the season! And, congrats that you have a 4 year old GS that can already take good photos. (Or maybe I should say watch out?!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Elaine, that is a great card! I am totally impressed that a 4 year old boy could take such a great photo. You've got some wonderfully talented grandkids.

Kathy, the lighting was a bit off, 'cause my bow matches really well. My brown see through (organza?) ribbon is too wide. The lighter pieces have just a bit of the blue in them, as well.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy, great star quilt card...very nice
Golda, I think the pearl pen adds depth to your card
Elaine, your quilted tree card turned out pretty nice
Well done ladies...
terrie

I am really not sure what this block is called. I always called it pinwheels! As with my quilting, I have trouble matching points! At least I am consistent!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (194.96 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Golda wrote:Elaine, that is a great card! I am totally impressed that a 4 year old boy could take such a great photo. You've got some wonderfully talented grandkids.

Kathy, the lighting was a bit off, 'cause my bow matches really well. My brown see through (organza?) ribbon is too wide. The lighter pieces have just a bit of the blue in them, as well.

Then I'd say it is perfect the way it is! And I agree with Elaine, the sentiment is perfect for a cozy quilt card.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

PreviousNext

Return to Baby, It's Cold Outside Crop--November 11-14, 2015