Saturday Challenge - "Welcome Home"

Terrie, your card is beautiful with is color, shapes and texture! And your story is so vivid that I can almost smell the wonderful fragrance of pine in the air! Thanks for much for sharing your sweet memories.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Every year the holidays meant my mom would be cooking! Her rolls were legendary, but my favorite was her peanut butter fudge. Mom's favorite color was green and now that I am finished with all the challenges, I may need to go make fudge! Inside the card I will put Mom's fudge recipe. My dad is sending it! I am so excited!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (153.31 KiB) Viewed 108 times
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Marilyn, what a sweet card... and an even sweeter memory! I love the idea of tucking an heirloom recipe into your card. It is sure to be loved (and sounds yummy!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Marilyn, cute idea and fudge sounds yummy!
Elaine
eoconnell

That is so cool, Marilyn! I love that you are including the recipe the card is based on.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I remember celebrating Christmas by going to church,singing songs and celebrating the real meaning of Christmas.
We were always excited to see our gifts under the tree on Christmas day and having a big Christmas dinner.
I know my parents weren't wealthy but we always seemed to get what we asked for on Christmas.
So here is my card with a memory of a rocking horse and being together with loved ones.
Attachments
rocking horse.jpg
rocking horse.jpg (57.85 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Linda Jo

Kathy, this was a great idea....a memory challenge! I have enjoyed reading about the memories of those who have posted. Great cards everyone!
SusieQ

I too have enjoyed reading everyone's stories.
Here is mine: When I was growing up my grandmother had an aluminum Christmas tree that she decorated with pink ornaments. She also had a color wheel that would shine different colors of light on the tree. Everyone use to give Grandma a hard time about her tree, but she loved it and would put it up every year. I think that my grandfather hated it as much as she loved it.
Attachments
scan0006.jpg
scan0006.jpg (69.79 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Koren
I do whatever the voices tell me to do.
purpleladybug

Linda Jo, I love your rocking horse card and the fond memories you have of an easier time.

Koren, I love your story about the aluminum tree! They were all the rage back in the 60's or 70's. How about the ceramic trees with the lights too. Very nice tribute to Grandma!
Elaine
eoconnell

My memory and tradition was that we were allowed to open our stockings when we got up as long as we let Mom & Dad sleep to a reasonable time. There were lots of years us kids were up at 4am going through our stockings. Always got stamps, socks and underwear but there were always some goodies in there too. Then we would eat Christmas bread and open the gifts under the tree. We still sort of expect Christmas bread when we go to Mom's for the holidays but the stockings have disappeared.

Still having photobucket issues. I've edited and saved but doesn't seem to have taken it. You'll just have to use your imagination!
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to Baby, It's Cold Outside Crop--November 11-14, 2015