Saturday Challenge - "Welcome Home"

Marilyn, cute apron which my mother always worn when cooking and baking.
Linda Jo, your rocking horse is so cute
Koren, your silver tree is perfectly done
Elaine, great stocking card...

I enjoyed all of the story and each one has a part of my Christmas in them
thanks for sharing
terrie

Linda Jo, I really like your rocking horse and the music!

Koren, that is hilarious about your grandmother's love for her tree, and that your grandfather hated it. Your card is beautiful!

Elaine, I love your stocking and the story. It's funny how everyone has their own way of celebrating.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Linda Jo, thanks for sharing your memory and your great rocking horse card. Christmas Eve services hold precious memories for me, too. Loved the candlelight and carols! (Still do!)

Koren, your tree is the blingy-iest I've ever seen! (Also love your story. Did you know that those trees are supposedly coming back? They are not considered 'retro'. Go figure!!)

Elaine, your card has a vintage feel. Plus I remember many times of being told go back to bed if we arose too early on Christmas Eve. My parents never provided stockings... so what did they expect?!! (And I am intrigued by Christmas Bread. Don't think I've ever had it. Bet it's yummy?)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I love everyone's Christmas stories! Mine is a tradition that my Dad started and I continue to this day. We would go up into the mountains to a tree farm and cut down a fresh tree, the house would always smell so fresh of pine! As my father got older that tradition stopped but now I continue to do this and every year we have a fresh Christmas tree in the house (along with 6 other trees) Yes, we go all out for the holidays!

Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry, thanks for sharing your memory with us... and your tree-toting card! Love the non-traditional color scheme.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

What a beautiful card and a wonderful memory, and current tradition, Barry!

My favorite part about the Christmas holidays is something my mother started doing about 10 years ago. My maternal grandparents were always invited to all of my paternal family gatherings. Both sets of grandparents got along great, and even after they stopped being able to host, my aunts and uncles always invited the other grandparents, too. So, I had hoped my husbands parents would join in my family gatherings, as they were invited from the time we got married. They refuse to join us. Anyway, my mother started inviting my in-laws, all the family, even friends, if we want, over to their house on Christmas eve for clam chowder, sandwiches, and just fellowship time. No presents involved, just being together. It is the only together thing my in-laws will do. So, that is my favorite part of the holidays. Now, I couldn't figure out how to do clam chowder, so. . .
11-14-15 Tradition (400x297).jpg
11-14-15 Tradition (400x297).jpg (105.45 KiB) Viewed 303 times
. . .you get a partying clam. :D
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Barry, great card and I like your color combo. 7 trees??? You must have a huge storage area for all your holiday decorations! Lucky you!

Golda, your card is hysterical! The clam is so cute and I love the story behind it.
Elaine
eoconnell

Barry, lovely story and I like how you have an image a car and tree..really nice
Golda, your clam card is so cute and great memories of your family get together.
terrie

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's stories about their Christmases. This one is in honor of my Mom. She always baked a ton of cookies in order to be prepared for drop-in company during the holidays. (Yes, this was in the old days.) She would empty a dresser drawer and store each type of cookie in a pillow case in the drawer. I have no explanation for this system but I can tell you I knew not to get into that drawer or Santa wouldn't come. Either that or I would be spanked-neither choice was viable for me.
Attachments
IMG_2050.jpg
Welcome Home challenge
IMG_2050.jpg (92.14 KiB) Viewed 293 times
Ellie

That is funny, Ellie. I'm liking your fun gingerbread men, too. That sounds like a ton of "extra" cookies to have around.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

PreviousNext

Return to Baby, It's Cold Outside Crop--November 11-14, 2015