Saturday Challenge - "Welcome Home"

Golda, I've never seen such happy clams! And glad that they helped to get your in-laws involved!

Ellie... that was back in the day before baggies, right? So... a pillow case sort of makes sense! (I would have liked to use the one that she wrapped the gingerbread cookies in. Would have smelled heavenly!)

That to all who have been able to participate so far. Your cards and the memories you have shared are wonderful.
For those who haven't yet created a card. You still have until tomorrow night!
And, even if you don't have time to make a card, please feel free to share a treasured holiday memory with us!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

A friend of the family bought the older kids a Gingerbread House kit, oh back when Joseph was a toddler, and that began the tradition of building Gingerbread Houses. We now build them Christmas Eve Day and decorate cookies as well. Last couple of years the older kids have themed their cookies...no ordinary gingerbread men for them, oh no, we had super hero (and villains too) gingerbread men complete with mock wars!

P1290392.JPG
P1290392.JPG (34.15 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Trudeenr

Ellie, your gingerbread people are darling. I love the pillowcase idea. Who woulda thunk? We always had boatloads of tins full of cookies at our house and you ended up opening each tin to find what you wanted.

Trudi, your gingerbread house is delightful! I love that the kids have themes now. That is so funny! I'll have a Wonder Woman cookie please!
Elaine
eoconnell

Ellie, what great memories with the pillow case and cookies...very nice card
Trudi, doing something with the children young or older is always a good memory
Very nice ladies
terrie

Trudi. I like your fun card. I love the tradition even more. I can just see the cookie wars. :D
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Trudi, I love the texture you added to your gingerbread house card. And your memory is a delight! How fun that your kiddos are carrying on the tradition with a modern day twist. So fun!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Just drew the winner of my challenge.... and it is Ellie!!
Congrats Ellie, and thanks to all who entered, and also to those who weren't able to enter but enjoyed the many wonderful stories.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Congratulations, Ellie, your name was just pulled from a beautiful Christmas mug!
I'll get your prize out to you soon.
Kathy
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Previous

Return to Baby, It's Cold Outside Crop--November 11-14, 2015