Wizard of Oz Crop Chatter

Ellie so glad you are feeling better! Would stink if you missed all the fun.
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

Jeanette (Nick, MIA, Elphaba & Jax Mom)
jeanettegraves

Thanks, Jeanette! I'm glad, too.
Ellie

I'll be doing all my crafting this weekend. In between getting baby stuff ready.
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

jeanettegraves

I have another doggie sitting job starting today and hopefully I'm bringing enough craft stuff to play. Fortunately, we have till Tuesday so I can always play when I get home Sunday night.
Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine how fun!

jeanettegraves

Well bugger, I forgot my Momento stamp pad. I may have to make a trip home tomorrow.
Elaine
eoconnell

Trudeenr wrote:Yep, seen the movie lots and listened to the book on tape (cd) last year! (Girl Scout Camp theme was Wizard of Oz last year, so I brushed up on the story again!)

A couple of years before my Grandma Raymond died, she was complaining how her joints ached. One afternoon I was browsing in an antique store and found a little metal oil can. I bought it for her, and told her that when her joints ached because she had forgotten to oil them! I still have the oil can displayed in my china hutch!

What a sweet grand-daughter you are! Glad that you have the oil can to remember your grandma. It is sure to become a family heirloom.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

jeanettegraves wrote:So I have seen the movie a ton of times. In high school we did a recording for Jazz Band to raise money. My teacher asked me to sing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" I was thrilled and scared at the same time. The original song starts out different. I still have the cassette tape it was recorded on! LOL A few years ago a friend from high school made the "album" digital. I'll have to see if I can post it.

As for Wicked the best way to get through the book is AUDIO! I tried reading it and just couldn't do it. I borrowed the CD audio version from the library and listened in the car. No where to go but to listen. It does take a while to get into it. And YES completely different from the musical.

Also I named my fur-baby Elphaba which is the name of the Wicked Witch in Wicked.

Wow... you sang that challenging song... in public? And people didn't run from the room?
Then, we know that you are talented in papercrafting AND singing.
If you can post it would be great. I'd love to hear your sweet voice!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Want to thank all of you for the great challenges. I've had a couple of super busy weeks. Spent loooong hours working on three different grants. But... as of Thursday, all three were submitted on time and should bring in $250,000 to $260,000 for our prevention programs. Yay!
One reason I survived the stress was knowing that I'd have Friday, plus the weekend, to "play" with all of you.
Just finished the last challenge and got them all posted. Such fun!
Now... going to go clean up my craft room. Or... maybe will go play some more before cleaning?
Yep. Going with that second option!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Gosh, I took a day off and you all posted a TON of cards and comments! I spent the day with my grand daughter, Sarah. We had a GREAT day!! I took her shopping first and then we grabbed a Five Guys burger for lunch. After lunch we sat on a bench outdoors and ate frozen yogurt-it was 75 degrees!! Our last stop was a movie that we both enjoyed. I'm so glad we were able to spend this time together. I will work on the remaining challenges tomorrow. We have no plans so I should be able to spend a good amount of time creating then. Hope you all have been having fun; you have certainly made some great cards.
Ellie

PreviousNext

Return to We're Off to See the Wizard--February 17-23, 2016