Wednesday Challenge - Ruby Red Slippers

Ooh Ellie, it's so pretty!
Elaine
eoconnell

This should have been so easy. Nope. I have red glitter everywhere, too. Cut the boots with my Silhouette out of double sided adhesive. Only had 1 small problem adhering them. I used anti static stuff EVERYWHERE before putting on the glitter. It didn't help. :cry: Anyway, then tried stamping with glue and doing the words, but something happened between my stamp and the glue, and when I lifted the stamp off the card, it ripped my card base. So, after trying again, with no better luck, I stamped in black and went over it with a red Stardust pen. It is mounted on green shimmer paper.

2-17-16 Crop Ruby Shoes (297x400).jpg
2-17-16 Crop Ruby Shoes (297x400).jpg (93.92 KiB) Viewed 1779 times

I cut out some high heeled shoes when I cut out the boots, but I'm kind of afraid to try using those, yet.

Oh well, life goes on, with a fun red shine everywhere. :)
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie, your card is lovely... and the image of you rescuing it from the wind was delightful!
Golda, sorry your card deserves a time out. The good news is that the results are STUNNING! Love those red boots and the sentiment is wonderful!

I found a card on Pinterest that inspired my entry. Googled Wizard of Oz silhouettes and found lots of Dorothy options.
You can't see the red shoes very well. (Can't photograph them outside as we have rainy weather here in WI today. In February!?) In truth, the shoes are a bit of a blob... because I discovered that I didn't have any microfine red glitter. But... they are sparkly!

Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy - I love the Dorothy card...maybe she's wearing ruby red galoshes instead of slippers? She'd definitely need galoshes in my yard!
Trudeenr

Kathy, that is really cute! I love the sparkly red shoes.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, great card...those boots are very sparkly...well done on the card
Kathy, I can see the red ruby slippers...I also like the background paper just like Dorothy's dress...well done
terrie

Golda, no one would know what a pain in the boots that card was, but it sure is a good looking card!

Kathy, you are on a roll with your images! Sweet little Dorothy with her beautiful shoes!
Elaine
eoconnell

I did some cleaning of my craft room and found the microfine red glitter! So just had to make another Dorothy card. This is a free Dearie Dolls digi image. The artist offers B&W or colored images so I decided to try one of the colored images and just add some shadows with a marker. Add a corner of rainbow stationary for the background, a sentiment printed from the computer... and we are good to go!

ImageImage
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Fantastic job Kathy! So fun that you used rainbow paper for the background, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Oh my gosh Kathy, they just keep getting cuter and cuter!
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to We're Off to See the Wizard--February 17-23, 2016