Wednesday Challenge: Yellow Brick Road WINNER POSTED

Thanks to everyone who got a chance to craft. Loved seeing all the different ideas.

Morning everyone. Hope you are ready to craft!!!!!!!!!!!

You have till Tuesday Feb 23rd @ Midnight to share your creation!

Your challenge today is to make a card with a brick background. This is done a couple ways.

1st is if you have a brick embossing folder. I thought I had one but sadly it's one folder I don't own. (I will be heading to the craft store! LOL)

2nd is by using a scor-pal or something similar. I am giving the measurements so if you have a cutter with a scor blade it will work too.

Here's what you need:
•Simply Scored Scoring Tool
•Cardstock measuring 5.5" x 4.25"

Step 1:
Place your cardstock piece on the Simply Scored Scoring Tool (or whatever scor tool you have) so that the longest side rests vertically as shown.
Using your Stylus, score vertically at each 1/2" mark:

Step 2:
Turn your cardstock piece 180 degrees and score between the first two scored rows created in Step 1 at each 1" mark (1", 2", 3", etc).
Continue to the 2nd row and this time start at the 1/2" mark and move over 1" (1/2", 1 1/2", 2 1/2", etc).
Keep scoring each individual row by alternating the starting point until your cardstock piece is completed:

Step 3:
You can sponge differnt colors to make it look like brick or leave it.

NOW I can't post a pic of my card because I have spent the night at work for 2 days. For those of you who don't know my husband owns an automotive shop and also plows in the winter. We got 18" of snow in less than 24 hours. My husband and I started plowing at 3am on Tuesday morning, stopped at 1am Wednesday. I should be home tonight so I'll post then.

PLAYERS:
1. Ellie
2. Terrie
3. Trudi
4. Elaine
5. Linda Jo
6. Golda
7. Kathy
8. Barry
Attachments
image.jpeg
Finished Card Brick Wall
image.jpeg (66.16 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
image.jpeg
Stamped image then Brick Wall
image.jpeg (46.06 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
image.jpeg
Scot Pal Brick Wall
image.jpeg (36.35 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
image.jpeg
Embossing Folder Brick Wall
image.jpeg (30.37 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
Last edited by jeanettegraves on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

Jeanette (Nick, MIA, Elphaba & Jax Mom)
jeanettegraves

Fun challenge. Now, go get some rest!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda wrote:Fun challenge. Now, go get some rest!

I will probably work 1/2 day seeing I didn't get anything done yesterday. LOL
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

jeanettegraves

Great challenge!!!!! Cant wait to see your card. Get some rest and sleep!!!
Linda Jo

Yah!!! I think I have a folder! Fun challenge. Get some rest you and that little baby inside.
Jane
Jane from Utah

Jeanette - Ugh, snow...although we only had a sprinkling of it once this winter, and could have used it, I'm glad I didn't have to deal with it!

I can't wait to get home from school and try out making the brick background!
Trudeenr

Jeanette and I had a phone conference yesterday about her being stuck at the office with her photos at home. We agreed that I would post my card since she can't get to hers yet. So, yes, I made this yesterday. I promise I have not done any of the other challenges. (I know the topics but I don't know the rules for the challenges.) Here is my brick background card. I decided to go all in and make it Wizard of Oz. The inside says, "Don't make me call them!"
Attachments
IMG_2165.jpg
Yellow Brick Road Challenge
IMG_2165.jpg (122.36 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
Ellie

OMG Ellie! That is hilarious!!! Perfect for this challenge!

Jeanette, I feel for you girl! As you know, I have Rochester connections and watched you guys get socked in yesterday. Whew! It's beautiful but I want nothing to do with it! We had our own challenges though - ice storm on Monday and 60 degrees on Tuesday. The whole East Coast is crazy!
Elaine
eoconnell

Ellie that is awesome THANKS again for your help.

Elaine I figured you saw the craziness that happened here.

jeanettegraves

Stinkin cute El!!!!
Linda Jo

Next

Return to We're Off to See the Wizard--February 17-23, 2016