Twister - The game that ties you in knots! - Winner Linda Jo

Hello and good morning everyone! My challenge is inspired by the classic Hasbro game - Twister! Did you know that on May 6 of this year, Twister celebrated its 50th year? Many of you may recall that "Twister is an iconic game that uses the human body as a playing piece on a colorful playing mat. May 6, 1966 is also the day that TV icon Johnny Carson challenged his guest to a game on “The Tonight Show” and turned it into a wildly successful pop culture phenomenon." - examiner.com

The game mat contains colored circles, a spinner is used to announce either a foot or hand must be placed on a certain color. Your challenge is to make a card that contains circles - they can be punched, drawn, stamped. They can be used as the focal point or as an embellishment. Have fun with this, my example shows circles that were punched out of cardstock and lined up with the washi tape background. Additionally, I added some orange circle enamel dots!

All entries must be posted by mid-night Tuesday, May 24th to be eligible for a prize. No card may be used for more than one challenge.

Twisting Twisters:
1. Elaine
2. Terrie
3. Trudi
4. Linda Jo
5. Ellie
6. Kathy
7. Golda
8. Koren
Last edited by Prince of Paper on Wed May 25, 2016 7:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry, that's so cute! Thanks for the trivia info too!
Elaine
eoconnell

I remember this game...my daughter had fun playing it....
Great looking card Barry.
terrie

What a fun challenge Barry. I love the way you used the washi tape along with the circles. Can/t wait to play.
Linda Jo

Great challenge, Barry! I love the creative way you used circles on your card. Gosh, i was 15 when Twister came out. I never had the game but I played it several times at parties. We were the perfect age to play; it was an acceptable way to get into odd positions with boys-oh my!
Ellie

Ellie, clearly you are younger than me...Twister came out when I was a kid. My cousin and I spent hours playing it.

I made my little Jake a birthday card. Just don't step on those stupid Legos....
Elaine
eoconnell

Here is my twist on this challenge....all of the circles were made with security envelopes....
Attachments
IMG_20160521_084850579_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160521_084850579_HDR.jpg (152.26 KiB) Viewed 2553 times
terrie

Very cool Terrie!
Elaine
eoconnell

Well done Elaine on your Legos block card....how many circle dots did you have to punch out....love the card.
terrie

Elaine, I love your lego blocks, did you really punch out all the tiny dots for the connectors? Great use of circles and I love your design and colors and that your back ground was even embossed with circles! YEAH!!!
Terrie, I can not believe that you used the inside of security envelopes to make this card. Ingenious! I see that design and color palate every day in my job and think they are drab and uninteresting (after all they are to protect the inside contents) but you created something quite stunning and beautiful. Wonderful job!!!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Next

Return to Game Night Crop--May 18-21, 2016