A tree for all seasons.....Thursday Challenge...Winner KATHY

Good morning everyone, and welcome to the Great Outdoor Crop! I have a fun challenge for you if you so choose to participate and my hope is that you do! Create a card with a tree or trees on it! It could be a regular tree, or a Christmas tree or a Halloween tree or in my example a "Love" tree! It could be a tree in the fall, spring, summer or fall. Be creative and have fun.

You have until Tuesday, August 30 at midnight PST to be eligible for a gift from me! Have a blast and enjoy the crop!

1. Terrie
2. Trudi
3. Ellie
4. Jeanette
5. Kathy
6. LInda Jo
7. Elaine
8. Golda
9. Koren
Last edited by Prince of Paper on Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry, your tree full of love is so sweet! What an endearing anniversary card. :D
Elaine
eoconnell

Great challenge Barry. Love your tree!!!
Linda Jo

Oh, Boy! i have some new stamps that are perfect for this. Wait until you see my tree, Barry!
Ellie

Barry as always I LOVE your card. I do need an anniversary card (5 years for Bob and I on Sat) so maybe I'll make a LOVE tree.
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

Jeanette (Nick, MIA, Elphaba & Jax Mom)
jeanettegraves

What a fun challenge Barry! Such a wonderful love card! I am finally mastering the Silhouette. Maybe I will cut a tree with it. :D
Jane
Jane from Utah

Barry, what a fun challenge! Love your beautiful love tree, too.

Jeanette, congratulations to you and Bob! It doesn't seem like it's been 5 years since you married.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Barry, your card is really nice......great card for an anniversary....
terrie

Barry, what a fun challenge!
I do have to tell you that when I saw it, I remembered a poem that we had to memorize in elementary school grade; Trees by Joyce Kilmer. You've probably heard the first line, "I think that I shall never see, a poem lovely as a tree." What you might not have heard are the remaining 5 lines, that include the words "breast" and "bosom." THAT is why I remember the poem so clearly. Imagine 23 awkward and self-conscious 5th graders trying to recite the poem without giggling. I went to a small Catholic school in very rural South Dakota, in 1968, so those weren't words we could normally say in public, Or, if we did, we ended up standing in the corner of the smelly coatroom or in Sister Johns office! Oh and I do remember that Jim Cooper DID have to spend time in the coatroom while we were reciting the poem because he wouldn't (couldn't?) do so in a "respectful manner" (our teachers words!!)
So, thanks for the fun memory, and know that I'll be giggling in my craft room while creating my card!!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Here's mine.....I went with a Fall feeling to it but it could be used for all seasons....
Thanks Barry
Attachments
20160825_120723.jpg
20160825_120723.jpg (41.05 KiB) Viewed 2318 times
terrie

Next

Return to The Great Outdoors Crop--August 24-27, 2016