A tree for all seasons.....Thursday Challenge...Winner KATHY

Terrie, that is great!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Great Challenge Barry...

Terrie - I really like the saying you used.

Mine is a family tree...it's made up of words and some of the type is pretty tiny, so I hope they show up in the picture!

P1320823.JPG
P1320823.JPG (26.05 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Trudeenr

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Barry, what a fun challenge!
I do have to tell you that when I saw it, I remembered a poem that we had to memorize in elementary school grade; Trees by Joyce Kilmer. You've probably heard the first line, "I think that I shall never see, a poem lovely as a tree." What you might not have heard are the remaining 5 lines, that include the words "breast" and "bosom." THAT is why I remember the poem so clearly. Imagine 23 awkward and self-conscious 5th graders trying to recite the poem without giggling. I went to a small Catholic school in very rural South Dakota, in 1968, so those weren't words we could normally say in public, Or, if we did, we ended up standing in the corner of the smelly coatroom or in Sister Johns office! Oh and I do remember that Jim Cooper DID have to spend time in the coatroom while we were reciting the poem because he wouldn't (couldn't?) do so in a "respectful manner" (our teachers words!!)
So, thanks for the fun memory, and know that I'll be giggling in my craft room while creating my card!!

Kathy, I love this story and I could see this happening, I remember in choir when I was probably the same age and a line in the song we were learning to sing had the the word "Happiness" and the choir director was at the piano trying to teach us the harmonies especially in this word. Without knowing what it sounded like he broke it out in syllables, "Hap - piness" and we just weren't getting the last two notes so he kept hitting the two notes on the key board the whole time singing "piness", "piness" and all of us 5th graders were snickering and giggling as he hadn't a clue what it sounded like. Here I am in my 50's now and I still chuckle at this moment and once he realized what it sounded like, he was so embarrassed that it made us laugh even harder. Thank you for allowing me to go down memory lane.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Trudeenr wrote:Great Challenge Barry...

Terrie - I really like the saying you used.

Mine is a family tree...it's made up of words and some of the type is pretty tiny, so I hope they show up in the picture!

P1320823.JPG

Trudi, this is lovely! I love that it truly is a 'family' tree! How clever and creative. I love it!!
Barry
Prince of Paper

terrie wrote:Here's mine.....I went with a Fall feeling to it but it could be used for all seasons....
Thanks Barry

Terrie, what an adorable tree! I love that it is still hanging onto a few leaves! Reminds me of the story "The Giving Tree". Great colors, great paper. Nicely done! Thank you for playing along!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Trudi, what a fun card! Love that the tree is names and it is so very full.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Trudi, great idea on making your Family Tree.....very nice
terrie

First of all, these bawdy stories are cracking me up! Terrie, your Autumn card is lovely. It's almost pumpkin time. I love the paper you used; such pretty colors! Trudi, I like your interesting family tree. I can see words just fine. Nice card.

OK, Barry, you plant your type of tree and I will plant mine. I had a ball making this with my new stamps! You may not be able to tell but there is white glitter on the foam. The inside says, "Hope your birthday is overflowing with happiness". (piness, piness!) :lol:
Attachments
IMG_2838.jpg
A Tree for All Seasons
IMG_2838.jpg (107.87 KiB) Viewed 936 times
Ellie

Ellie, love your beer and pretzel card.......well done
terrie

Oh Ellie, you are a kick in the pants! Very funny. I like your beer and pretzel tree too! IT looks good AND refreshing. And now I want a beer and pretzel. DANG it. :)
Barry
Prince of Paper

PreviousNext

Return to The Great Outdoors Crop--August 24-27, 2016