A tree for all seasons.....Thursday Challenge...Winner KATHY

Oh my gosh, this is an entertaining bunch! Love all the trees and the stories are great!
Elaine
eoconnell

Ellie, that is hilarious! I can see so very many people just loving that type of tree.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Terrie love the colors! Fall is definitely on its way.

Trudi I too see the words that is so cool.

Ellie that card is sooooooooo you!

My card is for my anniversary on Sat. I can't believe it's been 5 years. There is a concert at camp so it's like it's just for us.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (41.31 KiB) Viewed 956 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (60.11 KiB) Viewed 956 times
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

Jeanette (Nick, MIA, Elphaba & Jax Mom)
jeanettegraves

Terrie, I love fall... and the sentiment with your sweet image is excellent!
Trudi, Wow! What a great idea for a family tree. Can't imagine how much time that took to make!
Ellie, add some cheese curds to those branches, and it would be a perfect card for most of Wisconsin! How fun!
Jeannette, that is a great, one of a kind, Anniversary card. Sure to be loved!

I am not big on Halloween cards, but had a sheet of stickers that were just begging to be put to use. So... stuck them in tree branch shape on brown vellum, drew branches behind them, added a white circle moon behind. Mounted the final creation on golden orange paper... and BAM. Done!

Imageimage hosting free
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Okay. I confess that I started the bawdiness. When I read my poem posting and Barry's chorus posting to my hubby, he guffawed, and then said that I should find a photo of a nun with a ruler. Made me laugh out loud (Because, I do remember getting regularly rapped by a ruler, especially by my piano teacher, Sister Consolatta, when I didn't keep up with the metronome.)
You'd be surprised at home many photos of nuns with rulers there are via Google. This one looks very familiar.
And, I promise not to be bawdy again!!

Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Jeanette, that's a nice anniversary card; Bob will like it. Kathy, I like your spooky tree. It's enough to give a person goosebumps! I liked the bawdy stories. I went to Catholic elementary school and high school but, alas, I have no bawdy stories. Lots of mischief went on at my all-girls high school though.
Last edited by Ellie on Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellie

Golda wrote:Trudi, what a fun card! Love that the tree is names and it is so very full.

Actually this is a stamp with the word family and has family values words...like strength, love, harmony, etc. I wish I could create something that has all the family names in it!
Trudeenr

Kathy that card is super cool. Love your job n too! Daddy always spoke of get hit not only in school but when his mom found out she would get him at home too. I told him that's why his hands and head were so hard! LOL

THANKS everyone. I know Bob will love it. If you look he birdhouse is orange and black. Harley colors. Haven't been on he bike since Jax was born. Told him we need a sidecar. He says "Harley's don't have sidecars" in his uppity voice! LOL
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

Jeanette (Nick, MIA, Elphaba & Jax Mom)
jeanettegraves

Jeanette your anniversary turned out really nice......Happy Anniversary to both of you
Kathy great looking Halloween card....it's spooky looking.
Well done ladies

I too went to a Catholic school and the principle had a ruler that she used.....once I was called to her office then she called my sister Georgette there too....our mother was in the hospital for some kind of surgery but Georgette needed a note for permission to go to the bathroom more than when the whole class would go.....so Georgette asked me to write the note thinking I had the same handwriting as our mother......well the nuns didn't believe that our mother wrote that note....
I blamed Georgette for telling the principle that I wrote that note and that I was going to get hit with the principle ruler with the palms up.........yes, I did get hit........
I never wrote another note.....just think I was in fifth grade when this happen.....what made me think I could write like my mother.......it's funny thinking about it now but back then it wasn't....I was also punished at home when my mother found out about it...
terrie

Jeanette, super sweet card for Bob. Enjoy your private concert!

Kathy, that was a really creative way to use those stickers! Love your spooky tree.

Please don't stop the stories, they are hilarious!
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to The Great Outdoors Crop--August 24-27, 2016