Friday Challenge: Tri-fold shutter card!- Winner is Elaine!

I developed a card using this technique for a recent challenge. Since a few of you said you’ve never made one of this type card… decided I’d challenge you to do that! But, give it a nature or outdoorsy theme to match this Crop.

I made two sample cards. The first includes lots of stamping (haven't used my Stampscapes images for a while. Love 'em!) The second includes NO stamping. I used a calendar page, plus scrapbook background paper, a metal “happy holidays” tag, a bit of burlap and ribbon and a computer generated sentiment that says “Wishing you the warmth and wonder of the season”. (Sorry the image is so blurry.)

Imageimage hosting 30 mb Imagefree image hosting

Here is tutorial and video how to's. (I found that using a craft knife on my scoring board- like in this tutorial- was easier than using any other type of cutter.) http://stampinanne.blogspot.com/2011/10 ... orner.html

If you’d rather use a template, here is a site with one. http://qbeesquest.blogspot.com/2013/05/ ... %27s+Quest

If you don’t have any cardstock larger than 8.5 x 11, you can use that standard size. Will just need to cut a 5½ x 2 strip of cardstock to add onto the flap that is short.

You have until midnight Tuesday, August 30th to post a photo of your card, tag or project. A winner will be chosen by random drawing on Wednesday, August 31st.

Entries-
1. Terrie
2. Ellie
3. Linda Jo
4. Trudie
5. Elaine
6. Barry
7. Golda
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, i think tri shutter cards are tedious to make but so impressive when they are done. I haven't made one for a while so this will be fun. Thanks for the outdoorsy samples.
Ellie

Both cards are really nice and you did a great job posting them.....well done Kathy
Last edited by terrie on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
terrie

Love both your samples Kathy. I shall play when I return home tomorrow.
Elaine
eoconnell

I used an old Christmas card to make my outdoorsy scene........
I remember doing this technique a long time ago and I didn't care for it but
this around it was really easy to make....thanks Kathy
Attachments
20160826_133950.jpg
20160826_133950.jpg (38.79 KiB) Viewed 2359 times
Last edited by terrie on Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terrie

Terrie, your card is beautiful! Someone will feel blessed to get it this Christmas.
I didn't like making this card the first time either. It never fit together correctly. For me finding the video that showed how to use the scoring board and craft knife made it so much simpler to make. Glad you had success this time, too!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Terrie, that turned out great. It's so pretty.

I've decided that I am not an outdoor person. (only took 65 years to figure that out) I have not much in terms of outdoor supplies. The outdoor element to this card is snowflakes....that's all I got, Gang. If it's not outdoorsy enough, let me know and I will go back to the drawing board. This style of card makes me tear my hair out because I want each measurement to be perfect and when it's not-AAARGH!!! It should be called the Tri Fold Shudder Card. :lol:
Attachments
IMG_2841.jpg
Tri Fold Shutter Card
IMG_2841.jpg (104.7 KiB) Viewed 2351 times
Ellie

Ellie, I think your card turned out pretty awesome....and snowflakes do belong outside........well done
terrie

I agree with Terrie, snowflakes are definitely considered outdoorsy. Because if you bring them indoorsy... they mush and die!!
Also, your card is bright and colorful! Thanks for making it. Now... to deal with those shudders, get ye to the laundry room with a glass of wine!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, both your examples are wonderful.

Terrie, that is a gorgeous card. So glad you found it easy this time around.

Ellie, I totally understand and agree with you on the "shudder" card. However, your card is lovely.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to The Great Outdoors Crop--August 24-27, 2016