Friday Challenge...embossed scene...winner is GOLDA

Get out your embossing folders and machines, it's time to try out a new technique! I found this on Pinterest and had to try it out. You will need to let go of your perfectionism and be ready to make multiple tries but it's well worth it. I didn't have the embossing folder that was used in the inspiration card, but you can make any embossing folder with negative space work. Here's my samples...
P1320784.JPG
P1320784.JPG (29.08 KiB) Viewed 2413 times

and here's the link to a tutorial... https://www.pinterest.com/pin/553168766713696780/
and another example.... https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AVl2Ku5n7 ... YwH3uvkx0/

Things I learned...(pictured below)
1. solid stamped images work the best...fine details are lost
2. the brayer and I don't get along :lol: maybe I didn't need to add ink to the wine glass area
3. text/monograms are reversed

P1320796.JPG
P1320796.JPG (22.05 KiB) Viewed 2413 times

For this challenge, please make a scene using the stamping on the embossing folder. The finished project does not need be a card. You have until midnight Tuesday, August 30th to post a photo of your project. A winner will be drawn by Katrina before she leaves for school on Wednesday!

1. Kathy
2. Ellie
3. Terrie
4. Golda ****WINNER****
5. Koren
Last edited by Trudeenr on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Trudeenr

Oh my, I'm goin to have to stdy my embossing folders for this one. This is a very cool technique. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Trudi.
Ellie

Ooh, that's cool! I couldn't tell from the photo what the technique was but went to the demo and I like it! I think your cards came out smashing! can't wait to try it.
Elaine
eoconnell

Great challenge Trudi......like Ellie I'll have to check out my folders
going to check out the videos that you provided.....nice sample of your cards
terrie

Trudi, thanks for the links to the videos, and also your tips. I haven't used my brayer for years and don't know if I have any Emb Folders that will work. But your sample cards inspire me to try! Thanks for the challenge (like Ellie, it is one I've not seen before.)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Beautiful cards! I'm going to take my folders to camp and think about it.
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

Jeanette (Nick, MIA, Elphaba & Jax Mom)
jeanettegraves

I discovered that all of my emb folders are very detailed... except one little puppy one that I have never been able to figure out how to use! This challenge provided me with a chance to play with it and I love the results! Used an SU border stamp that I haven't used since maybe 2002 and some of my wonderful upcycled Gevalia Chocolate ribbon! Thanks for the challenge, Trudi. I'll be using this little pup EF again!
PS I wrote "You are grrrrreat" on the inside.

Imagehow to screenshot on windows 7Imagehow to use print screen
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Cute puppy card, Kathy! I'm a sucker for puppies.

I have several attempts at this in the trash but I finally found the right folder and got a nice result. Thanks for the challenge.
Attachments
IMG_2840.jpg
Embossed Scene
IMG_2840.jpg (108.36 KiB) Viewed 2385 times
Ellie

Ellie, I love the vintage feeling of your card. And the sentiment is perfect!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Just watched/listened to the tutorial. This sounds like an interesting challenge.

Trudi, your examples are great.
Kathy, that is an adorable dog card.
Ellie, what a pretty card.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to The Great Outdoors Crop--August 24-27, 2016