Saturday Challenge - Stargazing **Winner - Ellie**

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Koren, did you make the beaded swirl accents? Love them! And your card is a sparkly gem!

Kathy, I received the stars in a Secret Sister Card Candy Swap years ago (at least 8 years ago). My Secret Sister made the beaded swirl accents with wire and seed beads and then attached them to the back of the stars.
Koren
I do whatever the voices tell me to do.
purpleladybug

Terrie, I love your bright colors and the way you backed the cut outs.
Ellie, love your shaker card. The colors look patriotic.
Koren
I do whatever the voices tell me to do.
purpleladybug

purpleladybug wrote:
MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Koren, did you make the beaded swirl accents? Love them! And your card is a sparkly gem!

Kathy, I received the stars in a Secret Sister Card Candy Swap years ago (at least 8 years ago). My Secret Sister made the beaded swirl accents with wire and seed beads and then attached them to the back of the stars.

A cooperative craft project?! Now I like them even more!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I made this card for my nephew. I left the inside plain and will decide later what it will say. As you can see I used acetate to give the stars movement.
Attachments
stares one.jpg
stares one.jpg (52.74 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
stars 2.jpg
stars 2.jpg (81.08 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
Linda Jo

Linda Jo, what an amazing card! It is sure to be loved!

I am trying to start making Christmas cards early this year. So... was fun to put a free digi image from Dearie Dolls to use.
It does have a small glittery silver star at the center. The inside reads, "Happy Birthday Jesus!"
I colored two of the cards, then added a vellum overlay on one of them. (Not sure which I like better? My hubby likes the original one because the colors are brighter. What do you think?)

Imageimage upload no compressionImageimage ru

Here is the link to the free digi- http://freedeariedollsdigistamps.blogsp ... -view.html
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Super cute card, LJ, I love the bright colors. Kathy, your Christmas cards are so sweet. Even though the star is small my eye was drawn to it right in the center.
Ellie

I couldn't decide which card to make...so both got made! The film strip is from an embellishment swap...it think from Kathy?

P1320827.JPG
P1320827.JPG (32.42 KiB) Viewed 1554 times
Trudeenr

Trudi, both of your cards are wonderful. And... I don't see a film strip on either one? I don't remember sending any filmstrips in a swap. But... I have sent scraps of 60-100 year old sheet music in some prize packets. (Still have lots left from the stash lfrom my GMIL (Grandmother in law... is there such a thing?!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Trudi, both of your cards are wonderful. And... I don't see a film strip on either one? I don't remember sending any filmstrips in a swap. But... I have sent scraps of 60-100 year old sheet music in some prize packets. (Still have lots left from the stash lfrom my GMIL (Grandmother in law... is there such a thing?!)

The tan one has embossed squares along the edge like the film strips had...it's super hard to see in the picture! And this was in a packet with movie themed embellishments...
Trudeenr

Ellie, great shaker card
Linda Jo, nice way to bring those stars into action
Kathy, very lovely cards for Christmas
Trudi, great looking card

well done everyone
terrie

PreviousNext

Return to The Great Outdoors Crop--August 24-27, 2016