It's Crop week!

Another guess-the star that led the Wise Men?
Ellie

That is part of it. It is representative of the starry night Christ was born, which points us to the fact He is the Light of the World.

What cookie has a Christmas memory attached, for you? Care to share the memory?
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

My mother wouldn't make these cookies for us unless we all helped. They are a light, flaky wafer cookie, very delicate and while not hard, a bunch of steps to make. As an adult, I used to make them and can understand her dislike of making these. But boy are they delicious!

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/val ... 8e30fd8838
Elaine
eoconnell

Those are pretty and they sure look good too, Elaine.

Sugar cookies always remind me of making them with my kids. When they were little they were driving me nuts by December 23rd asking when Santa was coming. So, I devoted that afternoon to making cut out, decorated sugar cookies. They helped with each step and I let them decorate them with colored sugar. By dinner time, the kitchen was covered in colored sugar and the cookies were a wonder to behold. LOL We did this for several years in order to pass the time on a very long day.
Ellie

Wow! I'm liking both. And, the stories that go with them.

Okay, mine are Sour Cream Sugar Cookies. My Great-Aunt Angie used to make them for the big family get togethers. Even as a little girl with Type 1 diabetes, I always tried to make sure I got one before they were all gone. Everyone in the family loved them.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

We make a lot of different types of cookies, but the kids love decorating gingerbread houses and shaped cookies. Last year they made ninja cookies and a previous year there was super hero cookies.

My favorite thing to make, as a family, was chocolate covered cherries and mints. We would have to do them before Thanksgiving so that the candy would turn gooey in time for Christmas. However, we normally would end up making them Thanksgiving weekend and eating them before they were "ready".
Trudeenr

I still want answers, but your last question, before our crop begins, tomorrow morning, is . . .What is a fun Christmas song that gets you moving?

I'm not sure if this is the name, but mine goes, "rockin' around the Christmas tree, it's a happy holiday" . . .
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Grandma got run over by a Raindeer!!! I LOVE that song. My dad would sing it every Christmas...
Jane
Jane from Utah

Golda wrote:First thing that comes to mind is Lutefisk, not sure on the spelling. I know it's cured with water, lye and water, then more water. Pretty sure it's texture is called "gelatinous", though that sounds like it would be a slimy blob of fish. Kathy, if I'm right, do you like it?

You are totally correct on all point. Lutefisk is slimy blob of a very smelly fishlike substance. And, you never want to sit downwind of it!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Golda wrote:I still want answers, but your last question, before our crop begins, tomorrow morning, is . . .What is a fun Christmas song that gets you moving?

I'm not sure if this is the name, but mine goes, "rockin' around the Christmas tree, it's a happy holiday" . . .

Golda - I love that song too! My other favorites include "Santa Baby" and "White Christmas"
Trudeenr

PreviousNext

Return to Star Crop--November 16-19, 2016