Friday Challenge...Angels **Winner is Jane

Kathy - Yes, they are hard...that's why I didn't make a sample. :lol: I love your use of the iridescent paper for the wings. Great job!
Trudeenr

Such beautiful angels!!!!
Linda Jo

Kathy, I'm so glad that you gave the Iris Folding a try....Your angel turned out really nice....well done

The trick for iris folding is to make sure your paper is very thin....I like candy wrappers especially the silver and gold but they are very fragile.
also I don't use tape it just adds bulk so I use little drop of glue on the end of each strip, I measure my paper so I don't have long pieces,
I also fold part of the paper so the fold is what is need....
I use a bone folder to make the crease crisp and sharp.....
Come on over and I'll give you a lesson.....lol
terrie

terrie wrote:Kathy, I'm so glad that you gave the Iris Folding a try....Your angel turned out really nice....well done

The trick for iris folding is to make sure your paper is very thin....I like candy wrappers especially the silver and gold but they are very fragile.
also I don't use tape it just adds bulk so I use little drop of glue on the end of each strip, I measure my paper so I don't have long pieces,
I also fold part of the paper so the fold is what is need....
I use a bone folder to make the crease crisp and sharp.....
Come on over and I'll give you a lesson.....lol

Thanks for the tips, Terrie. I unknowingly broke all of them! I even watched a video tutorial, but had the sound off so as not to disturb my husbands watching of the Walking Dead.
And, I don't remember the demonstrator using tape. So... I must have improvised that! I might need to give this another try. The bone folder and candy wrapper (yum!) would make a lot of difference!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

My Angel card...
Attachments
DSCN1341.JPG
DSCN1341.JPG (91.97 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
Jane
Jane from Utah

Jane, such a cute little rosette angel....she's adorable
terrie

Jane - your angel is ADORABLE! I love that you layered the skirt. Did you use an edge punch to get the snowflake shapes on the edge of the rosette?
Trudeenr

Ellie, I really like your angel card.
Kathy, yours is lovely. Hey, you've learned a new technique. With Terrie's tips, you'll have it down in no time.
Jane, that is so sweet. Love the fun halo.

I watched 3 different videos on how to do this. Mine is pretty much like a combination of them. Yep, I did add "like" in there.
11-17-16 Crop Angel (370x400).jpg
11-17-16 Crop Angel (370x400).jpg (97.49 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Very nice Golda...your card such a soft touch to it with the pale lavender as your background.....
terrie

Golda, very pretty angel! Well done.
Trudi, it's a die from Papertrey Ink.
Jane
Jane from Utah

PreviousNext

Return to Star Crop--November 16-19, 2016