Call for Crop Hosts Feb 22-25

Moderator: Golda

I need 8 challenge hosts and 1 game host for the February crop. The theme is "little known holidays". That would be any obscure holiday not traditionally celebrated (you know, ice cream day, bird day, wildflower week, etc.) to be used as a theme. A google search will give you loads of ideas. Host to provide a small gift. If you have preference for day, please let me know and as soon as you know your theme, please let me know so we don't have duplicates. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Wed 2/22 - Trudi
Wed 2/22 - Ellie

Thurs 2/23 - Golda
Thurs 2/23 - Barry

Fri 2/24 - Kathy
Fri 2/24 - Koren

Sat 2/25 - Jeanette
Sat 2/25 - Jane

Game Host - Terrie
Last edited by eoconnell on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine, what a fun theme for a Crop! I'm gonna get to googling so that all the best fake holidays aren't taken!
And, I'll be happy to host a challenge. Am actually available that whole week, so fit me in wherever you need.
(Bummer, when researching I just discovered that my birthday was National Creampuff Day. How could I not know that?!!)
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I will take any opening, Elaine.
Ellie

Thanks ladies! I'll fill you in and let you know where.
Elaine
eoconnell

Ooooh, I know what national holiday I want. I'd love to to a challenge on Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Thursday would be easiest, as I'll be at work that day and can check it more frequently. (Sitting at a computer all day.)

However, I have to say, looking at the holidays, February 5 is National Take a Shower With a Friend Day. What??!!??!! Who comes up with these? I'm thinking that is one I will not be celebrating. Good grief!

If you get enough hosts for challenges, I could do a game, instead.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda wrote:Ooooh, I know what national holiday I want. I'd love to to a challenge on Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Thursday would be easiest, as I'll be at work that day and can check it more frequently. (Sitting at a computer all day.)

However, I have to say, looking at the holidays, February 5 is National Take a Shower With a Friend Day. What??!!??!! Who comes up with these? I'm thinking that is one I will not be celebrating. Good grief!

If you get enough hosts for challenges, I could do a game, instead.

Oh, I don't know Golda, we are encouraged to save water and taking a shower with a friend would potentially save a few gallons of water. :)

And Elaine, sign me up for a day to host. I can do any day, just fit me in anytime you need. Now I will have to search for little known holiday, Golda already has chosen the 'Shower with a friend day' :lol:
Barry
Prince of Paper

HAHAHA, I needed that laugh! Ok Golda, I'll put you in for Thursday cuz everyone is being so easy with their days! PM me your idea when you know.

Thanks Barry, I'll fill you in where I need you too.
Elaine
eoconnell

I'll take Wednesday.
Trudeenr

Thank you Trudi!
Elaine
eoconnell

I love this theme! I'm in. I'll do Saturday.
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

Jeanette (Nick, MIA, Elphaba & Jax Mom)
jeanettegraves

Next

Return to Little Known Holidays Crop--February 22-25, 2017