Thursday Challenge - Lucky Penny day! - WINNER Ellie!!

Moderator: Golda

When I was a kid and I would find a penny on the ground, I would say "Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck". I don't know if it brought me good luck but I had a shiny new penny in my pocket and in those days you could purchase penny candy with just a penny so I guess that is pretty lucky! May 23, is Lucky Penny day and today's challenge is to create a spinner card using just 2 little pennies!

Here is an example:

This was my Valentine I gave to my sweetie, the little red heart moves and spins back and forth:

I have also included a couple of video's on how to make these charmers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2X4WE7mMqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i58AqGxdyQ

You have until midnight Tuesday, February 28 at Midnight PST to post your entry. On Wednesday morning I will draw a random winner to win a prize from me.

Have fun!

1. Ellie - Winner!!!
2. Elaine
3. Kathy
4. Linda Jo
5. Trudi
6. Golda
Last edited by Prince of Paper on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry, what a sweet Valentine card! I have never made a slider card - shocking, I know! Looking forward to playing. Barry, you're giving away your age since penny candy hasn't been a penny in a lot of years!
Elaine
eoconnell

Barry, that is a fantastic card. I love how you are having us celebrate Lucky Penny Day, too. :D Can't wait till this weekend when I can get rollin' on this and the rest of the challenges.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Barry, that is such a sweet card and I am looking forward to trying this. I still always pickup pennies if I see them. I think it's bad luck if you don't. I would always go to the little store down the street and buy me some penny candy, sometimes you could get two for one...
Jane
Jane from Utah

Very cute Barry!!!!
Linda Jo

Your card is very pretty, Barry. I have only made a spinner once before and it was years ago. Thanks for including a tutorial.
Ellie

Barry, I'll bet your sweetie liked that great interactive card!
As for penny candy, my favorite was Bazooka gum. Loved the "free" comic and joke, plus I could blow jynormous bubbles! Thanks for the memory and the fun challenge.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I had badd JuJu this morning but things got better after lunch while making this card. You all know how much I love Mickey. It makes me smile to watch Mickey spin. Thanks for a super fun challenge, Barry!
Attachments
IMG_3698.jpg
Lucky Penny Day
IMG_3698.jpg (143.57 KiB) Viewed 2434 times
Ellie

Oh, I can just imagine how adorable it looks spinning! Great card, Ellie!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Oh El, that's a really cute one!!!
Elaine
eoconnell

Next

Return to Little Known Holidays Crop--February 22-25, 2017