Thursday Challenge - National Popcorn Day Winner is ELAINE

Moderator: Golda

January 19 is National Popcorn Day. Your challenge is to make a paper project featuring popcorn in some way.
You can use a sentiment about popcorn, you can use popcorn, you can make a background with red and white stripes, you can make a background with yellow sprinkles, you can make a background using popcorn kernels and ink. My son's idea was to use bright popping ink and roll a corn on the cob through the ink and on the background (so you have corn that pops) :lol: . You could also make your own "popcorn" using a pencil eraser and white ink. There are so very many ways to feature popcorn. Have fun with this.

2-23-17 Popcorn Example (281x400).jpg
2-23-17 Popcorn Example (281x400).jpg (102.48 KiB) Viewed 2477 times

2-23-17 Popcorn Example 2 (400x306).jpg
2-23-17 Popcorn Example 2 (400x306).jpg (97.03 KiB) Viewed 2477 times

Each person that submits a picture of a paper project featuring popcorn for this challenge by midnight EST on Tuesday, February 28 will be entered in a drawing for a small prize from me. The winner will be announced on Wednesday, March 1.

Participants:
Ellie
Elaine
Kathy
Jane
Trudi
Koren
Barry
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, what a fun challenge! Love your popcorn card! Did you use the Silhouette?
Jane
Jane from Utah

Cute Cute Cute!!!!
Linda Jo

What a fun card Golda! Gotta get through my work first before I play.
Elaine
eoconnell

I love popcorn; it's my favorite snack! I already have an idea for this. Super fun challenge, Golda!
Ellie

Love your buttery sweet card!
This challenge is gonna take some thinking! Hope and idea pops into my head soon.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Jane, I actually ordered the popcorn box and stamp set, as well as the dies accidentally once, when my blood sugar was low. I do like them, so I'm not upset about it. Well, except for having spent money, when I wasn't thinking straight.

Kathy, I'm sure you will come up with a fun idea. Besides all the ideas I listed, you can find popcorn images online and print and cut, too. "I'm so happy you popped into my life." is a good, generic popcorn sentiment, though I bet you'll come up with something absolutely amazing, as usual.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

OK I am in! I have a few good ideas for this one. Popcorn is one of our favorite evening snacks. ANNNND Pastor Kathy loves popcorn so I will make it for her! :)
Erika Hayes

I had bad JuJu this morning and had to make the blue frame three times. :cry: Finally got it right. I used two dies for the popcorn; one is a cloud and the other is a scoop of ice cream. I rubbed the edges with Mustard Seed Distress Ink. Even though I had trouble, it was still a fun card to make. Thanks for a poppin' good time, Golda!
Attachments
IMG_3697.jpg
Popcorn Day
IMG_3697.jpg (123.36 KiB) Viewed 2452 times
Ellie

Erika Hayes wrote:OK I am in! I have a few good ideas for this one. Popcorn is one of our favorite evening snacks. ANNNND Pastor Kathy loves popcorn so I will make it for her! :)

Fantastic! I can't wait to see what you come up with, Erika. I'm sure PK will love it.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to Little Known Holidays Crop--February 22-25, 2017