Friday Challenge - Book Lover's Day **Winner - Jeanette**

Moderator: Golda

Golda, nice job of constructing that door; it looks great.
Trudi, your card is so pretty!
Ellie

Trudi, that is beautiful and your card definitely is a reflection of the book cover. Wonderful work.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

More great book cards. Good job Jeanette, Golda, and Trudi.
Koren
I do whatever the voices tell me to do.
purpleladybug

I couldn’t think of just one book that I like for inspiration so I chose a genre: mystery and hope that is alright? When I was a kid I loved the “Hardy Boy” books and started a collection but outgrew it and eventually gave them all away. Now I collect “Agatha Christie” books. Whenever I go on vacation or to a new town I check out garage sales or book stores and purchase a book and then write in the inside cover where I was and the date. So here is my “Mystery” inspired card the inside reads "but your age still remains a mystery" the spy glass even has a piece of acetate for the glass:

Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry, great card and I love your idea of getting a book when you go on vacation and in-script accordingly. What a great way to get a book collection!
Elaine
eoconnell

That's a very inventive card, Barry. I love the spy glass and both sentiments are perfect. Nice job!!
Ellie

Barry, your card makes my little grey cells very happy! (Yes, I like Lady Agatha, too. Especially Hercule Poirot!) The magnifying glass is the pièce de résistance (Say that with Hercule's accent!).
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

This is inventive and a WOW!!!
Jane
Jane from Utah

What a great card, Barry! Love that magnifying glass and the sentiment is wonderful.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

The image I found on a google search, imported into my Silhouette, sized it to my liking, had the Silhouette trace it and I then added the offset (gives the image a tiny border around it) sent it through my printer and the Silhouette cut it out for me and I layered it on a card that I had printed the sentiment and then added two strips of washi tape at the top just to give it some color.
Barry
Prince of Paper

PreviousNext

Return to Little Known Holidays Crop--February 22-25, 2017