WINNER: Ellie Saturday Challenge: Margaritas Anyone?

Moderator: Golda

Kathy, that comic is hilarious. As for your margaritas, I like them both, but the crushed vellum is my favorite. Why? Like Trudi said, it appears to have fruit in it. Yum!

Ellie, that is a great card. I like the added corner accents. Great sentiment, too.

Trudi, what a fun card. Love the little margarita sticker you added in the corner inside, too.

Elaine, that is a great card. Don't think I've ever heard of liquid glass before. Sorry you had problems with it.

I will tell you, Glossy Accents does NOT work with real salt. Some sort of chemical reaction, that made the salt stick together, but the Glossy Accents wouldn't stick to the paper. I tried several times. I'm hoping this last time will have worked, by tomorrow. If not, I'll just add a different adhesive beneath. If that doesn't work, I'll switch to white glitter.

2-26-17 Margarita (400x301).jpg
2-26-17 Margarita (400x301).jpg (104.69 KiB) Viewed 2742 times

I got 3 shades of teal/turquoise in there, along with a couple shades of green. I'm really hoping it looks good together.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, the colors on your card add a cool and refreshing touch... just like a margarita would do! And how frustrating that the glossy accents and salt reacted poorly. I used white glitter on mine and it worked beautifully! So if yours is still sticky tomorrow maybe just add some glitter and it will take hold. At least that is my hope for your beautiful card!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Golda, that is a good looking margarita!
Elaine
eoconnell

Golda, I like the tropical colors you used. That's a nice big Margarita, too, probably costs at least $9 at a good restaurant.
Ellie

Elaine and Golda, love love love!!!
Jane
Jane from Utah

I think I completed this challenge: Margarita - check, three colors of green - check! What fun! I had these drink stickers for such a long time and now I had a chance to use one of them.

Barry
Prince of Paper

Fun margarita card Barry! Isn't funny how eventually you use those embellishments or paper that you wonder if you ever will? I just donated bunch of paper to my granddaughter's school a few weeks ago and there was a piece I wish I had for one of these challenges.
Elaine
eoconnell

Super cute, Barry! I love the sentiment and the DP you chose.
Ellie

Yep, you nailed it, Barry. Saweeettt!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Barry, that is such a fun card! Love that drink embellishment. It looks like you could just reach out, grab it and take a drink.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Previous

Return to Little Known Holidays Crop--February 22-25, 2017