WINNER: Ellie Saturday Challenge: Margaritas Anyone?

Moderator: Golda

So March 22nd was Margarita Day. Now since it already happened I propose we celebrate till he need of the month!!!!

Make a card with any drink (preferably a Margarita). As an added twist try making your card with your favorite color and use 3 shades.

Can't wait to see all the creations. Players have until Tuesday, February 28th at midnight to post a photo of their project to be eligible for a prize.

Again sooooo sorry for the delay. Life is crazy right now. I posted about it in Chit Chat.

Here are our players:

Kathy - I too love the 1st since it does look like it has floating fruit. (GREAT CARTOON)

Ellie - I've never done a spin card, looks great.

Trudi - I hate when you have to buy a stamp or other craft item for one project. So glad you got to use your stamp again.

Elaine - So cute Love that patterned paper.

Golda - Thanks for being a salt tester. LOL Great layout.

Barry - I love it. It's funny but the picture makes your card look yellow not green. Either way it's awesome.

Random.org picks Ellie as the winner. I will be messaging you about getting your prize out.
Attachments
IMG_9455.JPG
IMG_9455.JPG (48.52 KiB) Viewed 2023 times
Last edited by jeanettegraves on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

Jeanette (Nick, MIA, Elphaba & Jax Mom)
jeanettegraves

Fun card Jeanette and I'll drink to that!
Elaine
eoconnell

Love a good margarita!!!! Great challenge!!!
Linda Jo

Do we get bonus points for drinking a Margarita while making our card?
Ellie

Ellie wrote:Do we get bonus points for drinking a Margarita while making our card?

Well only if you share a pic of you drinking. LOL
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

jeanettegraves

Now, this is an interesting one, Jeanette. I do have to say, I had a Margarita on the 22nd, 'cause that was a holiday I thought should definitely be celebrated. It helped that I had some in the fridge. :)
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Fun card! Has a bit of a retro feel to it.
I've never had a margarita, but they look interesting. Actually, don't think I've ever had tequila. In college one of my hubbys room mates brought the kind with the worm in the bottom to a party. THAT killed any desire to ever drink the stuff. But... if I was offered a worm-free, fruity-tasty one I just might say "Why, yes!"
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Wait when we went to the convention did we drink Margaritas?

jeanettegraves

Had fun with this one! I found a template for the glass via google, and cut out two "glasses" from acetate. Made one margarita with pink sparkle paper and one with pink vellum that I crushed and then flattened. Not sure which I like best.
You can't see it very well in the photos, but the cards do have contain several shades of reds/pinks.

Imagehost images Imagefree upload

Inside greeting reads, “Take every birthday with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a large
margarita.” Maxine

Hope your birthday is amazing… just like you!
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Had fun with this one! I found a template for the glass via google, and cut out two "glasses" from acetate. Made one margarita with pink sparkle paper and one with pink vellum that I crushed and then flattened. Not sure which I like best.

Imagehost images Imagefree upload

Inside greeting reads, “Take every birthday with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a large
margarita.” Maxine

Hope your birthday is amazing… just like you!

Kathy - both are great, but I really like the first picture because it looks like there are crushed berries in it!
Trudeenr

Next

Return to Little Known Holidays Crop--February 22-25, 2017