Crop Game- "Madlibs"- Winner is Golda!

Moderator: Golda

When I was young I was given a book of “Madlibs” by a favorite teacher, and it made learning about nouns, verbs, etc. actually fun. So, for this Crop, our game is the adventure of writing silly stories together!

It is so simple to play along.
A. In the AM I’ll post a listing of what is needed to create the story.
B. You’ll provide your answers by number.
C. I’ll fill in the story blanks with your suggestions and post the completed work the next morning!

Here is a sampling of what it will look like-
A. My AM posting-
#1- adjective, #2- name of a place, #3- name of a wcc member, #4- verb, #5- adjective, #6- animal or insect, #7- catch phrase

B. You’ll post your answers
#1-Golda provides “sparkly,” #2- Ellie provides “laundry room,” #3-Trudi provides- "Koren," #4- Linda Jo provides “jump,”
#5- Terrie provides “huge,” #6-Elaine provides “spider,” #7- Barry provides "Yabba dabba do."

C. Here is the completed story that I’ll post the next morning… with all of the answers that you provided!
"Once upon a time in the kingdom of SPARKLY LAUNDRY ROOM, there lived an adventurer named KOREN.
She usually spent her days happily JUMPing with her friends. But then one day a family of HUGE SPIDERS
entered the kingdom. Koren exclaimed YABBA DABBA DO... and things were never the same again!"

Since the game includes the important parts of speech (nouns, verbs, etc.) here’s a quick review:
•NOUN: words to name a person (Mom, Jason, teacher), place (park, kitchen, Wisconsin), or thing (spoon, spider, emotion.)
•VERB: actions or things you do such as create, color, giggle, yell, shiver, gulp, jump, climb, dump, mix.
•ADJECTIVE: words that describe a noun (people, place, or thing.) such as brave, considerate, odd, or obnoxious; beautiful, crowded, ancient or warm; and scratchy, sticky, huge, or sparkly.
•ADVERB: words that describe a verb (action.) They often end in “ly”. Examples include quietly, speedily, carefully, excitedly, loudly, occasionally, frequently, boldly, angrily.
For additional ideas, just google Nouns, Adjectives, Adverbs, etc. or visit http://www.sparklebox.co.uk

And a few additional bits of info:
•FEELING WORDS: describe an emotion such as happy, sad, furious, confident, ecstatic, frightened, thrilled, annoyed.
•CATCH PHRASE: a popular or classic saying such as “There’s no place like home!” “One small step for man…” “Bazinga!”

During this Crop, You will have the chance to help complete three stories.
I’ll post the first list of "needs" on Tuesday morning, the second on Thursday morning and the third on Saturday morning.

PS Golda shared this kind of activity in a crop a few years ago and it was such fun that I wanted to do the same. So... thanks, Golda, for reminding us of the fun of Madlibs!
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Sun May 14, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Here is the first listing of words needs for Madlib #1
Be as creative as you dare!

1- an adjective
2- an adjective
3- a thing
4- a thing
5- a thing
6- a place
7- a number
8- a feeling word
9- the name of a song
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Tue May 09, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Adjective- Fancy
Ellie

Thanks for taking time from packing to get us started, Ellie!

Okay adventurers... we have our #1 Adjective (and it is a nice one at that!) Who can give us our #2 Adjective?!
[Insert auctioneer gibberish here!]
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Adjective - Blushing
Barry
Prince of Paper

#3 thing - mouse
Elaine
eoconnell

#4 - light bulb
Trudeenr

#5 - shoe
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

#6 Place - Out house :)
Barry
Prince of Paper

Well... you sure are adding some interesting twists and turns to the story! Can't wait to unveil it... hopefully tomorrow morning. Just a few more words to go.
PS Did I mention that every time you provide a word you are a step closer to winning a prize? I'll be putting the names of people who participate into a cup. At the end of the crop, I'll draw a name to award a prize. Eazy Peazy! (Hey... did you see that? I just used a catch phrase!)
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Tue May 09, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Next

Return to Life Is An Adventure--May 10-13, 2017