Thursday- What a Rush!- Winner is Trudi!

Moderator: Golda

During my childhood, I spent every minute possible out of doors. I loved biking, hiking, roller skating or fishing with friends, collecting bugs, making dandelion chains, playing house in the garden with my sisters, or just sitting under a tree reading. But… when I wanted a real thrill, I’d head to the school playground and hit the swings. I loved the rush of the wind against my face and pushing myself to pump higher and higher. By the time I was in high school I would swing standing up and try to get parallel with the top bar. I hoped to one day flip right up and around. (Never happened. Thank goodness! Would have messed up my claim that I “never had a broken bone.” And I never have!)

My card, (with a free digi from freedeariedollsdigistamps.blogspot.com) captures that childhood adventure.
Imagefree screen capture softwarecertificity.com

Your challenge is to create a card that depicts something you did in your childhood (or that you do now) that provides you with the rush of adventure or pure joy. If desired, tell us about the memories your card evokes, or the reason you love that activity.

All entries posted by mid-night Tuesday, May 16th will be entered into a drawing for a small prize.

Entries:
1. Trudi
2. Golda
3. Barry
4. Linda Jo
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Wed May 17, 2017 8:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I love both your card and your memory, Kathy! I loved to go really high on the swings, too. And roller skate while holding a rope attached to a large dog - just a hint, letting go of the rope when the dog runs across the street and you fall on your face is a good idea, holding on and being dragged face first across the street wasn't the most fun I've ever had, but didn't lose my friend's dog. I have a couple of ideas, so I'll think on this one at work, tomorrow.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Adorable card and love your memory of swinging. I think we can all remember the joy of swinging high. I just found out my grandson has been sandbagging everyone and can actually pump to keep himself going. Snot. :lol:
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Adorable card and love your memory of swinging. I think we can all remember the joy of swinging high. I just found out my grandson has been sandbagging everyone and can actually pump to keep himself going. Snot. :lol:

But a really smart Snot!!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Adorable card. A swing was how I broke my nose for the first time, I was 3. My brother was pushing me in the swing set which was one of those permanently tall, iron, cement embedded ones, he had got me going and then left me to swing. Because I was so small I couldn't slow myself down because me feet didn't touch the ground. I had seen the other kids jump from the swing so I gave it a go and I flew beautifully....I just didn't make the landing.....which was on my face. I remember my mother's face when I walked into the front door with two black eyes and blood all over my face and down the front of my clothes. I was a mess. My mother of course was horrified. ahhhhh good times.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Prince of Paper wrote:Adorable card. A swing was how I broke my nose for the first time, I was 3. My brother was pushing me in the swing set which was one of those permanently tall, iron, cement embedded ones, he had got me going and then left me to swing. Because I was so small I couldn't slow myself down because me feet didn't touch the ground. I had seen the other kids jump from the swing so I gave it a go and I flew beautifully....I just didn't make the landing.....which was on my face. I remember my mother's face when I walked into the front door with two black eyes and blood all over my face and down the front of my clothes. I was a mess. My mother of course was horrified. ahhhhh good times.

Oh my! How frightening for your mom... and probably for you, too. Did your brother get in trouble? Or was it innocent on his part? (My brothers usually didn't try to be mean... but they kinda were anyway!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Golda wrote:I love both your card and your memory, Kathy! I loved to go really high on the swings, too. And roller skate while holding a rope attached to a large dog - just a hint, letting go of the rope when the dog runs across the street and you fall on your face is a good idea, holding on and being dragged face first across the street wasn't the most fun I've ever had, but didn't lose my friend's dog. I have a couple of ideas, so I'll think on this one at work, tomorrow.

Golda... ouch! Sometimes it's amazing we survived our childhoods, isn't it?!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Oh, Barry! At least you were willing to give it a try, and I'm very glad you survived.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

So... any cards depicting childhood adventures or adult joys? I'll bet you are all busy cutting and pasting with maple syrup right this very minute (and licking your fingers... alot!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:
Prince of Paper wrote:Adorable card. A swing was how I broke my nose for the first time, I was 3. My brother was pushing me in the swing set which was one of those permanently tall, iron, cement embedded ones, he had got me going and then left me to swing. Because I was so small I couldn't slow myself down because me feet didn't touch the ground. I had seen the other kids jump from the swing so I gave it a go and I flew beautifully....I just didn't make the landing.....which was on my face. I remember my mother's face when I walked into the front door with two black eyes and blood all over my face and down the front of my clothes. I was a mess. My mother of course was horrified. ahhhhh good times.

Oh my! How frightening for your mom... and probably for you, too. Did your brother get in trouble? Or was it innocent on his part? (My brothers usually didn't try to be mean... but they kinda were anyway!)

Oh very innocent on his part. In fact, he just thought he was being a great brother by pushing me as high as the big kids. I just didn't think I would jump out like the big kids when he left me there.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Next

Return to Life Is An Adventure--May 10-13, 2017