Thursday- What a Rush!- Winner is Trudi!

Moderator: Golda

I HATE elevators but I loved riding up to the top the the Space Needle! I loved looking out the elevator windows and watching the world get smaller...

P1340186.JPG
P1340186.JPG (30.1 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
Trudeenr

I'll bet that elevator ride IS a rush! Your card is wonderful. Thanks for participating in my challenge.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Oh, Trudi, that is fantastic! I'd love to see that view, but I don't think I'd be able to handle the long of an elevator ride.

Okay, when I was growing up, our house had a block wall around it and I loved to walk around on the top of it. Not really a "rush", but it was fun.
Thursday - Rush (400x311).jpg
Thursday - Rush (400x311).jpg (105.99 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Trudi, I bet that was really a beautiful view at the top! Have you guys seen the building that has the glass viewing that tilts out over the city (I think Chicago but my memory is fuzzier than my bunny slippers). No way would I be out there doing that!

Golda, that is such a sweet card. Your story reminded me of when my cousin & I were kids and we went to my grandma's for Easter, we would walk around her block. We felt like such adventurers.
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Trudi, I bet that was really a beautiful view at the top! Have you guys seen the building that has the glass viewing that tilts out over the city (I think Chicago but my memory is fuzzier than my bunny slippers). No way would I be out there doing that!

Golda, that is such a sweet card. Your story reminded me of when my cousin & I were kids and we went to my grandma's for Easter, we would walk around her block. We felt like such adventurers.

Elaine, I've seen photos of the glass view you mentioned. I think it is in Chicago... and you couldn't pay me enough to step out on it. (Besides, if I did I'd need a clean pair of underpants!!)

Golda, your card is beautiful. And when you are a kid walking atop a wall is a RUSH! It's a lot further to fall then, too! So... sounds pretty adventurous to me!
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Sun May 14, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi, How fun is that!!!Great card.
Golda, Nice card. Sounds like something I would have liked doing too>
Linda Jo

So when I was a kid and most of you know this about me but I was a huge comic book nerd! I would wait patiently every month for the next comic to come out, ride my bike to the corner drug store with such great anticipation to pick up the new comic book. Most times I couldn't wait to get home to read it, so I would sit on the sidewalk, my back against the wall and read the adventures of Spiderman or Iron Man or Thor from front to back! In honor of this I created this "Iron Man" card. I took an image of the internet but I cut pieces out by hand, glued them in place and then went over this with a grey Copic marker for the shadow effect.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry, your Iron Man card is POWerful! And I love that you shared a bit of historical perspective. I hope you still have some of those original comics as they'd be worth some big bucks now! (Of course, you'd have to part with them which might not be possible!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Barry - great job with the shadows...it face looks like it's a raised (multi-layered) sticker!
Trudeenr

Very cool Barry!!!!
When I was a little girl I loved ridding my bike as fast as I could. I loved feeling the wind in my hair and the freedom it gave me.
Attachments
IMG_0349bycicle.JPG
IMG_0349bycicle.JPG (59.25 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
Linda Jo

PreviousNext

Return to Life Is An Adventure--May 10-13, 2017