Thursday - You Shine - WINNER ELAINE!

Moderator: Golda

A new home is always an adventure. One I swore never to experience again, 24 years ago. My husband no longer wants to move, so we're good. :lol: Yes, it took 20 years to get him to that point. So, your challenge is to use some foil on a moving or new home card. If you don't know anyone that has or will be moving soon, just have an image of a home on it.

You can use any type of foil. There are 2 postings on "Foilin'" on my blog, if you need some help with it.

You have until midnight on Tuesday, May 16 to post your project to be entered for a small prize from me. (Ha! You have until about 5:30am my time, as that is when I can check the computer before leaving for work. Late nights don't like me.) I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Here's my example:
Deco Foil Heat 1 (400x268).jpg
Deco Foil Heat 1 (400x268).jpg (123.12 KiB) Viewed 2403 times

The pattern in the back is foiled, as well as the sentiment. The image is gold heat embossed.

Participants:
Kathy
Elaine
Trudi
Barry
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Pretty card Golda!
Elaine
eoconnell

Beautiful card, Golda. I even have the need for a "New Home" card in the near future so this is perfect timing for me! (That said, I also appreciate your note that the card just needs to include a house... since new home cards are not needed very often!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Beautiful card Golda! I just love the shiny cardstock!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Prince of Paper wrote:Beautiful card Golda! I just love the shiny cardstock!

It's actually just an 80lb smooth white card that had an image in toner on it. I put a Deco Foil Emerald Watercolor foil on the toner image.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Found this idea on Pinterest. Added the required bling... and like the results. So thanks for the challenge, Golda. Such fun!
(I always like the look of vellum over the top of foiled background paper. It totally changes the color of the foiled image!)

Imageimage hosting 12mbcertificity.com

I thought I posted both of the cards I made this AM... but just discovered that I hadn't. So am editing it now.
The background on my Road Trip card needed "something" and scraps of the foil from this card added just what was needed.
Since many of you commented on that foil accent, I realized that I had forgotten to add this here. I like that it has a totally different feeling from the other card with same layout.

Imageimagcertificity.com
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Fri May 12, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Beautiful work, Kathy! I love the key hanging on it.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy - is that a card or a wall hanging? I think it would make a great wall hanging for a new couple or a first home!
Trudeenr

Kathy, that turned out really pretty! Some lucky couple/family will appreciate it.
Elaine
eoconnell

Trudeenr wrote:Kathy - is that a card or a wall hanging? I think it would make a great wall hanging for a new couple or a first home!

Great idea!
I think I'll do that, first swapping out the paper key (which I fussy cut from scrapbook paper so it would be flat for mailing) with a metal embellishment key.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Next

Return to Life Is An Adventure--May 10-13, 2017