Favor, please?-Thurs Oct 12 (Winner is JANE!)

Moderator: Golda

Home for the Holidays. What does this statement mean to you? To me, it means some kind of craft project with my mom and sisters. We loved creating ornaments, placemats, place cards, door wreaths and other items to make the family gatherings more festive.

So crafting a few sample items for my challenge was a waltz into the past for me. I could almost imagine my mom sitting beside me, sharing stories about family gathering from her childhood, as I colored, cut and pasted!

Your challenge is to create a table favor for Thanksgiving, or Halloween if you prefer. If you are stumped, just search "Handmade paper table favors" on Pinterest of Google.

That is where I found templates for my sample favors. Feel free to use one of these templates, or any others you desire.
Have fun! (PS I will put some treats in these favors when I use them. For now... well... I find myself chocolate-less?! However does that happen?!)

ImageImage

The template with the pumpkin was found here- http://www.aalatemplates.com/free-gift- ... .pinterest
The Halloween Critters were found here- http://creativemeinspiredyou.com/give-y ... ty-favors/
And the template used to make mine was found here-
http://www.fun-stuff-to-do.com/gift-box.html

You have until Tuesday 10/17 at midnight to post your project to be eligible for a prize drawn at random.

Players:
1. Elaine
2. Terrie
3. Ellie
4. Linda Jo
5. Trudi
6. Golda
7. Barry
8. Koren
9. Jane
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Those are both so cute, Kathy! My mom was not crafty at all but boy, could she cook! We had no crafty decor or favors but we had great meals. I don’t know where my crafty gene came from. Thanks for hosting this fun challenge.
Ellie

So cute Kathy! What a fun challenge too.
Jane
Jane from Utah

Both your projects are adorable! I have an idea or two floating around in my head. I will go back to the house dog-less this time since the "sweet little fellow" peed on my curtains & new carpeting the moment we walked in the door!
Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine, he was just showing you it was now his and he felt comfortable there. :lol: Not fun to clean up, however.

Kathy, those are both fun examples! I love your story about your time with your mom, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I managed to get this one done when I was home. I got stuck on Golda's challenge and hated everything I tried so I finally put it aside and made a pumpkin. I'll have to go back to the drawing board for the other challenge.
Elaine
eoconnell

I'm sorry you were having trouble with mine, but I'm glad you got a chance to make that cute pumpkin.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Elaine, that pumpkin is really cute. Love the frilly hairpiece!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I made two of them..one for Halloween and one for Thanksgiving....
yes, I cheated I had a caramel treat....it was saying eat me, eat me so I did but only one treat...
My mother and I did a lot of crafting before she moved 8 hours away in her home town...she was the crafter in the family I don't think there is a craft that she didn't do...
Attachments
20171012_175209.jpg
20171012_175209.jpg (71.92 KiB) Viewed 2267 times
terrie

Terrie, both are great! I love the leave cut out. You did really good to keep it at one caramel!
Elaine
eoconnell

Next

Return to Home For The Holidays Crop--October 11-17, 2017