Tradition Theme Card....winner Koren

Moderator: Golda

Very nice card and background paper and the real reason for Christmas....well done
Thanks for sharing your Tradition with us Linda Jo

To this day still and now that my daughters have a family of their own and I did it when the girls were younger on Christmas morning before doing anything else we all sing Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus...
The first of December the crèche comes out with all the figurine but not Baby Jesus.....my oldest would start and hide Baby Jesus and the next day the next daughter would find Him and then hide it again we did this through out the month until December 25th.
terrie

Linda Jo, that is super sweet!
Elaine
eoconnell

Linda Jo, that is a wonderful family tradition. I really like your card, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I agree with Trudi, everyone should here the story! Wonderful card and very pretty!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Our family tradition is to put up our Christmas Tree Thanksgiving weekend (normally on Black Friday). It was always the only time my parents could guarantee us kids would be home! We have always done this with our kids as well...although there have been a few years I would bring the boxes out and the kids would invite friends over and they all would decorate my tree and inside the house for me! It was so nice to come in from hanging the lights on the house to find my tree done and here all the girls laughing and singing (Joseph preferred to help me with outside decorations to keep away from the girls!).

P1350335.JPG
P1350335.JPG (27.77 KiB) Viewed 8684 times
Trudeenr

Trudi, beautiful card and precious memories to go along with it.
Elaine
eoconnell

Linda Jo, what a great tradition to have! And I love the sweet little nativity images. They look like they were drawn by a child. So cute!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

terrie wrote:Very nice card and background paper and the real reason for Christmas....well done
Thanks for sharing your Tradition with us Linda Jo

To this day still and now that my daughters have a family of their own and I did it when the girls were younger on Christmas morning before doing anything else we all sing Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus...
The first of December the crèche comes out with all the figurine but not Baby Jesus.....my oldest would start and hide Baby Jesus and the next day the next daughter would find Him and then hide it again we did this throughout the month until December 25th.

Terrie, what a fun tradition for the girls to hide baby Jesus... and then go in search of him. For many of us, who grew up knowing about Jesus, really "finding" Him was a life-changing experience (for me it happened when I was 25)!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi, love that Poinsettia tree. And your tradition sounds like a Rockwell painting. How fun for your kids, and even their friends, to help bring Joy to your home through decorations! Love it!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I love your card, Linda Jo! I only remember two traditions as a kid. One was decorating the christmas tree and the other was my uncle starting a fight during the family get together. So, I think I will go with the tree. The tree I remember most was the dopey aluminum tree. We put all pink ornaments on it, turned off the lights in the room and watched the color wheel make the tree look different colors. Here is my not so traditional shaker card tree.
Attachments
IMG_4139.jpg
IMG_4139.jpg (131.45 KiB) Viewed 8677 times
Ellie

PreviousNext

Return to Home For The Holidays Crop--October 11-17, 2017