Tradition Theme Card....winner Koren

Moderator: Golda

Trudi, I love your poinsettia tree card too and what an awesome tradition doing something with your family and also sometime including friends.....
With today life families sometime don't get together as often as they should to me that is sad.....

Thanks for playing along and sharing
terrie

Ellie, love that not trad tree. So fun!

My best friends family had an aluminum tree one year in the early 70's. I remember thinking it was "really cool" (70's speak) because there was a spotlight that sat by it, rotating through all the colors of the rainbow.
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

When thinking of traditions, the one that immediately popped to mind was holiday baking. My mom didn't enjoy making meals (with six kids and a very limited budget, we often had tuna casserole, goulash, or pancakes for meal) but she LOVED baking!
Her favorites were pies, cookies, and cupcakes with lots of sprinkles. So, at Thanksgiving and Christmas, our house was a fragrant, and tasty, delight! Mom also had a very generous nature. So we always would take plates of baked treats to friends and neighbors. I discovered that I only had gingerbread cookie stamps, and I don't ever remember making those. So, looked at other options. Ended up finding a free clip art to use as background (freepik.com/free-vector/hand-drawn-collection-of-kitchen-tools_824046.htm) and attached some fun items from my scrapbooking stash.
Mom would've loved it!
(Oh, and we did always leave a plate of cookies out for... you know... SantaDad!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Great card, Kathy!
Ellie

Trudi, your tree card and your fun tree decorating tradition are great. I let the kids decorate the tree by themselves a few times when they were younger, but they just wanted it over and done with, so there were areas with no ornaments, and I had to go rearrange. (Granted, I don't mind areas you can't see not having ornaments, but when it's a whole side, that's a problem.)

Ellie, I bet I know what class you took at the Scrapbooking Expo! :lol: Glad you went with the different tree tradition, too.

Kathy, what a yummy looking card. Your memory is so special, too. I totally understand your mom's love of baking and not of cooking. ;)
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie, your tree card turned out really nice was it hard to make sure that the beads didn't all fall to the bottom and thanks for sharing your story.

it's better than that aluminum tree which we had too my Dad hated it and so did the rest of the family..it didn't stay at home after that first year that we had it...
Last edited by terrie on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
terrie

Kathy, I can imagine the wonderful smell you had in your kitchen when your Mom would bake
Your card turned out fantastic and I like those corners making it look like a placemat...

thanks for sharing your tradition
terrie

Ellie, cute take on the tree. I like that you made it a shaker card. Your aluminum tree story reminded me of those ceramic trees that were so popular in the late 70's too.

Kathy, your baking theme card is really cute. My mom and I used to bake lots of Christmas cookies too and we would end up with many tins of cookies on the counter. I remember going through to find my favorites. I can still smell the cookies baking.
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Ellie, cute take on the tree. I like that you made it a shaker card. Your aluminum tree story reminded me of those ceramic trees that were so popular in the late 70's too.

Kathy, your baking theme card is really cute. My mom and I used to bake lots of Christmas cookies too and we would end up with many tins of cookies on the counter. I remember going through to find my favorites. I can still smell the cookies baking.

Elaine, I have the ceramic tree that Larry’s mom made in the 60’s when she took ceramic classes. I still haul it out every few Christmases. :lol:
Ellie

Ellie - I love the shaker tree!

Kathy - baked treats at the holidays are the BEST! I love that your treats are a pop of color and the utensils look like a tray liner.

Golda - I always end up rearranging things on the tree...normally to move things out of the dog's 0or visiting toddler's reach.
Trudeenr

PreviousNext

Return to Home For The Holidays Crop--October 11-17, 2017