Walk down Memory Lane WINNER IS ELLIE!!!

Moderator: Golda

After I finished my card, I reread the Challenge. OOOPS, I forgot the pocket on the front...so I made another card!

Card #1 - When Joseph was born, we lived in Issaquah. There is a Reindeer Festival at the Cougar Mountain Zoo, and we took all 3 kids (Joseph was 2 1/2 months old, Alexandria was 20 months, and Samantha was 5 yr). We got a picture in Santa's sleigh. After wandering around, enjoying the lights, it began to snow! I remember being cold, my arms were tired from carrying Alexandria, and Stephen had zipped Joseph (carrier and all) into his jacket! When I think about it now, I see it as a truly magical night, and remember how the kids were excited (but shy) around Santa and Rudolph, how the girls twirled around catching snowflakes, and the twinkling of all the Christmas lights. Of course, they don't remember the event at all!

I fussy cut the reindeer and sleigh from an old Christmas card and added embellishments.

P1350357.JPG
P1350357.JPG (28.3 KiB) Viewed 1484 times

Card #2 - I don't remember when the tradition started but our family makes chocolate covered cherries and mints for the holidays. We spend hours taking pieces of mint candy dough, wrapping marchino cherries with the dough, watching my Mom dip the cherries into chocolate and her putting them into little paper wrappers. Now my sister and I do it...but Alexandria isn't allowed to wrap the cherries in the dough. Okay, I know you are asking "why not?", her hands are always HOT and the dough sticks to her and she ends up making a MESS! Since she got big enough to temper the chocolate, I put her in charge of dipping the mints and cherries. (plus she's a perfectionist and she makes them look beautiful)

This card will have peppermint recipe folded teeny tiny...just to annoy my BFF...she's been asking for the recipe for YEARS! (Maybe I'll write it in code...just so she'll call me!)

P1350351.JPG
P1350351.JPG (36.72 KiB) Viewed 1484 times
Trudeenr

Ellie, your card reminds me of days gone by. Love the little train beneath the tree. (And Kathy, I'll never look at Jello the same.)

Trudi, I love the little reindeer hanging out of the sleigh! Your lucky friend to score the much coveted recipe!
Elaine
eoconnell

Such wonderful memories.Such pretty cards.
When I was growing up we were not wealthy,but always had plenty of everything we needed. But at Christmas we always got everything we asked for. My Grandmother would always let me have one gift before Christmas day. I remember waking up and finding wonderful things under the Christmas tree!!!!
Attachments
green card.JPG
green card.JPG (121.98 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
Linda Jo

Trudi, what wonderful memories! Both of your cards are so cute and pretty. Your friend should love it.

Linda Jo, I love your story. Sounds like our Christmas. Your card is so pretty! Love all the pretty trees.

Thanks ladies for playing :)
Jane
Jane from Utah

Ellie, Trudi and Linda Jo great memories of your Christmas and your cards all turned out wonderful too
Thank you for sharing such great stories....
terrie

This Christmas memory goes way back......we (brothers & sister) never decorated a tree the only one that could decorated is our mother we had trees but she put the lights, ornaments & tinsels all of a sudden a tree was up ( we never saw her even decorating it) but at the end of the Christmas season then we could take off the tinsels and we had to keep it for next year.....I didn't decorate a tree until the second year I was married....when I had my daughters we did it together as a family....today I don't put up a tree to me here with just Vince I just find it to be a pain....I do decorate with figurine of Santa and small little trees and in January all of my snowman comes out.
So my pocket card for this challenge I put in tree tags in it.....I will make two more cards and give them to my daughters with the trees tags they will know the meaning behind it...
Attachments
20171015_143838.jpg
20171015_143838.jpg (69.85 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
terrie

Terrie, I love your card. The colors are wonderful. Love that memory.
Linda Jo

Linda - what fun little trees...is it a die cut set?

Terrie - cute tree tags.

My parents stopped putting up a tree after they stopped hosting Christmas Day (when my Aunt and I started hosting as our houses were bigger!). It's a lot of work to rearrange all the furniture and move the boxes down from the attic.
Trudeenr

Beautiful cards, Linda Jo and Terrie! Very different but both focus on trees.
Ellie

Terrie, I enjoyed your story. We don't put up a big tree and I wouldn't even put one up but my SIL has a fit if we don't. Got to keep everyone happy.
Your card and the cute tags are perfect! Your daughters will love them.
Thanks for joining in my challenge.
Jane
Jane from Utah

PreviousNext

Return to Home For The Holidays Crop--October 11-17, 2017