Walk down Memory Lane WINNER IS ELLIE!!!

Moderator: Golda

Your challenge for today is to create a card with a memory from the Holidays.
I chose a story about going and getting a Christmas tree and decorating it. We lived in the City so that meant shopping for a tree on a lot. My brothers and I would be so excited when we started out. My mom on the other hand had to find the perfect tree. That meant visit every lot in Salt Lake, dad holding the tree so mom could make sure there were no bald spots, and us freezing out butts off until we found the perfect one. Then bringing it home, decorating it with all the finery. oh and lots of icicles that had to be hung just right. My mom was the most practical women and a sweet heart but when it came to the tree look out!!!
So create a card with your memory and include a pocket on the front and anything you want to put inside. I chose a tag to go inside my pocket.
You have until Tuesday to get your cards done. Have fun!

1. Ellie
2. Trudi
3. Linda Jo
4. Terrie
5. Kathy
6, Koren
7. Golda
8. Elaine
Attachments
DSCN1792.JPG
DSCN1792.JPG (99.8 KiB) Viewed 2219 times
DSCN1793.JPG
DSCN1793.JPG (149.42 KiB) Viewed 2219 times
Last edited by Jane from Utah on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
Jane
Jane from Utah

Gorgeous card Jane! Sweet story to go along with it.
Elaine
eoconnell

What a sweet and funny memory. I love your card. The gold really sets it off.
Linda Jo

Jane, what a sweet memory (and I hope you all enjoyed hot chocolate when you got home, to thaw those frozen butts!)
Your card is wonderful. I'll have to do some thinking... especially to make a card with a tag. Hmmm.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

What a gorgeous card, Jane!! thanks for hosting this challenge; it's great to see your cards again.
Ellie

Jane, that is gorgeous! I love the memory, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I do have a very fond memory of the Christmas season. I grew up in St. Louis during the 50's and 60's. My mom didn't drive so, every year before Christmas we would take the bus and go downtown to see the decorated windows at the big department stores. This was a very exciting outing for me! We would look at all of the windows which were elaborately decorated. Most had something that was animated or moving. There was usually a tree with a train running around the bottom. Hence, my card. After we looked at windows I would tell Santa what I wanted and get my picture taken with him. Then I got to go to a special window to receive a small package from Santa. It was wrapped in plain brown paper and it so exciting to see what it was. (It took me a long time to figure out that my mom was paying for the gift on the sly.) The icing on the cake was that we would then have lunch at a cafeteria where I could have a soda to drink and anything I wanted to eat! Can you imagine?! I always got lime jello with whipped cream on top in a "Fancy" glass for dessert. After all of that I fell asleep on the bus on the way home.
Attachments
IMG_4110.jpg
IMG_4110.jpg (116.28 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
Ellie

Ellie, your memory sounds so familiar! We took the bus downtown a lot during the Christmas season. They use to put your dresses that you bought in a box and tied it with string. It wasn't easy to get your packages home...
Loved your memory and your card is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along.
Jane
Jane from Utah

Ellie, your card is adorable. And I loved your memory. There is something about having ANYTHING served in a fancy glass with whipped cream that makes it special. Even J-E-L-L-O! (Which was probably pretty new back then!) *

* I actually googled this and discovered that I was over a half-century off! Flavored Jello was marketed in 1899. And, here is a little bit of fun about green jello. (Can you tell that I love googling things?!)

Bonus Facts: J-E-L-L-O, it's alivvvve! Well, actually, technically, Jell-O is alive – at least according to a 1974 experiment performed by Dr. Adrian Upton. Dr. Upton attached an EEG, electroencephalogram, machine to a dome of lime green Jell-O. The Jell-O produced alpha waves in much the same way an awake and alive human would produce. This experiment set the science world aflutter. But what Dr. Upton was really trying to prove is that an EEG should not be the only method used to determine if a human is alive or not. And we all know Jell-O isn't actually alive and will never attack us while we sleep at night. Or at least we hope not.
Source- https://gizmodo.com/the-fascinating-unt ... 1508125288
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Interesting, Kathy! You are quite the Googler!
Ellie

Next

Return to Home For The Holidays Crop--October 11-17, 2017