Wednesday: Shhhhh.....Quiet Please! WINNER IS...KATHY!

Moderator: Golda

Thank you to all who took my challenge! I enjoyed seeing all of your library cards. The winner chosen by Random.org is Kathy!
Congrats Kathy. I need to verify your address with you so I can send your prize on it's way.

You are in the library in Hogwarts!
Included in its many sections are:
An Invisibility Section
A Dragon Section
A Reference Section[3]
A Legal Section[4]
A Restricted Section

A warning found inside the books in the library:
" If you rip, tear, shred, bend, fold, deface, disfigure, smear, smudge, throw, drop, or in any other manner damage, mistreat, or show lack of respect towards this book, the consequences will be as awful as it is within my power to make them."

If you want to check out a book, you need the permission of the librarian, Madam Pince.

Many an important scene took place in the Hogwarts library over the years. It’s where Hermione, Ron, and Harry learned about the Sorcerer’s Stone in the first movie. And in The Half-Blood Prince, Harry and Hermione had the all-important conversation about who they were taking to the Slug Club Christmas party. One of my favorite things in the Hogwarts Library was how the books magically placed themselves back onto the shelves. Here's a fun scene in the library with Hermione and Harry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... -GgWCBVhrg

My challenge for you in honor of the Hogwarts Library is to make a library pocket card. You may make any size you like.....make a card or make a pocket that you will use in a book or on a scrapbook page. I didn't really find any good tutorials that I liked but I did find a lot of examples to view on Pinterest and also by googling library pocket cards. If you need help with a template, here is a link to a Pinterest search I did that gives you links to some templates as well as ideas for making a library pocket card.
https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/? ... &term_meta[]=library%7Cautocomplete%7Cundefined&term_meta[]=pocket%7Cautocomplete%7Cundefined&term_meta[]=cards%7Cautocomplete%7Cundefined

I made mine the size of an A2 card when finished. I scored my sides and cut out the part I did not need leaving tabs to glue down to make my pocket. Let me know if you need help with how to make one.

You have until midnight on Tuesday, February 27, to upload a picture of your creation for this challenge to be entered into a drawing for a small prize. Winner will be posted on Wednesday, February 28.
I'm excited to see some library pocket cards!
Participants:
1) Marilyn
2) Barry
3) MarjiBelle
4) Kathy >>>>>>>WINNER
5) Trudi
6) Golda
7) Linda Jo
8) Elaine
9)
10)
11)
1-FullSizeRender_1.jpg
1-FullSizeRender_1.jpg (70.85 KiB) Viewed 2335 times
[/b]
Last edited by SusieQ on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:11 am, edited 8 times in total.
SusieQ

Here is a view with the card out of the pocket. Sorry, it would not let me load two pictures in my first post!
1-FullSizeRender.jpg
1-FullSizeRender.jpg (60.88 KiB) Viewed 2335 times
SusieQ

Susan, what a wonderful challenge, and a fantastic card! This will definitely be a fun one. Thanks for the links.

That movie clip is hilarious! Thanks for that fun addition to my morning.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Susan, your card is gorgeous. Love that color scheme. And this will be a fun challenge.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Very cute card Susan. I will check out pinterest.
Linda Jo

Susan - I love libraries! I have the perfect stamp for this challenge!
Trudeenr

Welcome back Susan and your card turned out fantastic...
love the coloring on the Kraft cardstock and the layout....well done
terrie

Susan it is sooooooo good to see you back here with us. We have missed you terribly! Your card as always is beautiful. I will getting around to doing this challenge and looking forward to it. Good to see you.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Susan, welcome back! Your challenge and card are wonderful!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Well done!
...Maybe one day... *sigh* supplies still packed away in the basement... desk emptied...and inaccessible during nap time...
Whispers

Next

Return to Platform 9 3/4--Febraury 21-24, 2018