Friday: BuckBeak, I Mean Wither Wings Winner is GOLDA

Moderator: Golda

Came up with the idea of a wreath made out of feathers and flowers as soon as I saw your challenge. It didn't turn out quite as planned, but I like it. Had I used the feathers I wanted, it would have been a hang on the door wreath size. :roll:

Crop Fri Buckbeak (400x311).jpg
Crop Fri Buckbeak (400x311).jpg (93.9 KiB) Viewed 1648 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda - I really like the saying you used.
Trudeenr

Barry, I like your colorful peacock feathers!

Golda, your card is so pretty!
Elaine
eoconnell

Marilyn, neat idea for a challenge.... and your card is exquisite!
Trudi, although it was borne out of crisis, your card is lovely. (And did your dog get a time out?)
Barry, your coloring is subtle and very pretty, and that old-school sentiment is perfect!
Golda, I like the muted colors on your card, and the sentiment is a perfect fit!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Once again, I used a digi image from Beccy's Place, a Peacock feather. One thing that I love about digis is that I can enlarge or reduce the image, in this case I did both.
Fussy-cut just the eyes of the feathers and positioned them on a diecut swirl to make a flower. Funky fun!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Very cool design, Kathy! I love your ingenuity.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I have been having technology issues! Even though no players are listed on the main post, I am keeping track the old fashioned way-pencil and paper! Who does that any more?!!!

You have all done a great job on your cards! They are all beautiful! We still have time for a few more entries. Maybe we will still see others. I love these and wish I could be rich enough to send you all prizes!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Kathy, cool feathers and I like the embossed background; give just the right interest behind the main attraction.
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Kathy, cool feathers and I like the embossed background; give just the right interest behind the main attraction.

Thanks, Elaine. That background is actually upcycled from a wedding card. A few years ago one of my newly married staff asked if I wanted her wedding cards. She was going to throw them away! I said yes and was gifted with several hundred. I cut them apart and they often find their way into my creations as backgrounds, sentiments or accessory items!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I'm sliding in here at last minute with my feather card. Thanks for the challenge Marilyn!
Attachments
1-IMG_6729.jpg
1-IMG_6729.jpg (59.75 KiB) Viewed 1624 times
SusieQ

PreviousNext

Return to Platform 9 3/4--Febraury 21-24, 2018