Saturday: Dragons - Winner is ELAINE

Moderator: Golda

Trudeenr wrote:Elaine - I love that little dragon! Isn't it from the Dress Up Doll Cricut cartridge? I currently have one on my message board that my Girl Scout troop used for last year's Encamperee as a table decoration!

Why yes it is Trudi! Good identification from you!
Elaine
eoconnell

Wow... such a nice assortment of dragons in all shapes and colors, mostly cute... some sparkly. But none look like they are hungry!

I found a wonderful free digi from Dearie Dolls. For some reason the card wouldn't lay flat... so it is held shut with a paperclip. (That isn't an embellishment!) Had fun finding a sentiment to go with it. In case you can't read it, the inside quote, from an author named Neil Gaiman, reads, "Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

Image Image
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, that is great! Thanks for playing along. I do love your sentiment.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Trudeenr wrote:
Prince of Paper wrote:
Trudeenr wrote:I colored this little guy before Golda's package arrived...I will make a 2nd card later tonight using the dragon she mailed me!

P1360170.JPG

Trudi, that is awesome, where did you find this image. I tried looking for it but the shop appeared to not have it in stock. I wanted to use this for this challenge as well. Such a cute image and you did amazing with it!

whimsystamps.com They have a lot of different dragons stamps by Sylvia Zet and Crissy Armstrong

Golda gave me a double-sided sticky die cut of the dragon. I added the glitter and rhinestone. I was hoping the shaped card looked like a shield.

P1360183.JPG

Trudi, your shaped card totally resembles a shield. I love it!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, great images! That took a lot of creativity to come up with that cute scene.
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Kathy, great images! That took a lot of creativity to come up with that cute scene.

Thanks, Elaine. I'm actually entering it into a challenge at Simon Says Stamps this week, "Make your own background." I don't do that very often but I do like the results on this one.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy - I love your Knightly scene!
Trudeenr

I will check for other participants and choose a winner in the morning, but my prize won't go out for a few days. Sorry, didn't have time to finish it, yet. :(
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Random.org chose #6, so Elaine is the winner on this one. Thank you all for playing along. It was fun seeing so many different dragons.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I won, I won, I won!!! :lol: Thank you Golda. Thank you for the fun crop even though I didn't get to some of the challenges. I am on a flat out run lately.
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to Platform 9 3/4--Febraury 21-24, 2018