Crop Chatter

Moderator: Golda

If I have to limit my answer to one song it would be If I Fell because it was “ our song” for me and my 8th grade boyfriend. He walked me home from school every day, talking all of the way. It was such a sweet, innocent romance! Whenever I hear that song it makes me smile. PBS HAS A FUN PROGRAM ABOUT THE BEATLES. watch at least part of it if you can. They totally changed music when they became popular. I was 12 years old in 1963 and I remember adults talking about their long hair saying they looked unkempt, scruffy and or dirty.

Golda, most of the songs in the late 60’s were either anti-war or about drugs. That was when the Vietnam War was heavily protested, hippies were a cultural phenomenon and drugs usage was out in the open. So, music reflected all of that. It was a very tumultuous time in our country and a very interesting time to be a teenager.
Ellie

Ellie wrote:If I have to limit my answer to one song it would be If I Fell because it was “ our song” for me and my 8th grade boyfriend. He walked me home from school every day, talking all of the way. It was such a sweet, innocent romance! Whenever I hear that song it makes me smile. PBS HAS A FUN PROGRAM ABOUT THE BEATLES. watch at least part of it if you can. They totally changed music when they became popular. I was 12 years old in 1963 and I remember adults talking about their long hair saying they looked unkempt, scruffy and or dirty.

Golda, most of the songs in the late 60’s were either anti-war or about drugs. That was when the Vietnam War was heavily protested, hippies were a cultural phenomenon and drugs usage was out in the open. So, music reflected all of that. It was a very tumultuous time in our country and a very interesting time to be a teenager.

That is the sweetest story Ellie! An 8th grade romance and that is so cute that you still remember this even though it has been 20 years - LOL
Barry
Prince of Paper

Prince of Paper wrote:
Ellie wrote:If I have to limit my answer to one song it would be If I Fell because it was “ our song” for me and my 8th grade boyfriend. He walked me home from school every day, talking all of the way. It was such a sweet, innocent romance! Whenever I hear that song it makes me smile. PBS HAS A FUN PROGRAM ABOUT THE BEATLES. watch at least part of it if you can. They totally changed music when they became popular. I was 12 years old in 1963 and I remember adults talking about their long hair saying they looked unkempt, scruffy and or dirty.

That is the sweetest story Ellie! An 8th grade romance and that is so cute that you still remember this even though it has been 20 years - LOL

Yes Ellie, you have a great memory for someone in her 30's!!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I'm hoping to get home at a reasonable hour tomorrow to play some challenges. Good thing I have till Tuesday!

Thank you to all the hosts who came up with a bunch of great challenges. We couldn't do these crops without your help.
Elaine
eoconnell

I spent most of yesterday and today stamping, coloring and cutting in my now very messy little craft cave! As a result, I am one happy camper!
Thanks for the great challenges. A few of them really challenged me. But was so much fun to play along with this groups again. You guys rock (or should I say you guy and gals rock?!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

The Bingo Game made me realize that I recognized only a handful of the titles. I wasn't sure why... but then googled to see other bands that were popular at about the same time and had my answer. The record albums in which I invested my limited allowance were from Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, The Who, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, the Grass Roots and the Bee Gees (before they went Disco!)
Now I'm going to be humming "Lady Willpower" the rest of the night!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I would not have pegged you for a hard rock kind of girl (Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin)! But then again, Stairway to Heaven is such a classic. Did you ever go to a wedding or dance in the 70's where the DIDN'T play it? Gosh, that brings back some memories.
Elaine
eoconnell

It amazes me how everyone came through with such great theme (songs) for their challenge.
Well done hosts and crafters....another great Crop.
terrie

eoconnell wrote:I would not have pegged you for a hard rock kind of girl (Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin)! But then again, Stairway to Heaven is such a classic. Did you ever go to a wedding or dance in the 70's where the DIDN'T play it? Gosh, that brings back some memories.

Yep, I did like hard rock. Ever heard of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" aka David Bowie? Loved that album!
I'm actually pretty eclectic in my music preferences. Can remember more of the music from the 70's since I was in high school and college then. My favs were Three Dog Night, Carol King, Rod Stewart, Jim Croce, Eagles and Neil Young. Even a little Linda Ronstadt now and then! Now I usually listen to Christian Rock or the Oldies stations. (Ha... I remember once thinking that people that listened to songs called Oldies were... um... Old!!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, you always make me laugh.

I managed to get 3 cards done when I got home today. I've still got Saturday's challenges to work on. I need to catch up on some stuff like laundry...my laundry is really laundry (not like Ellie's laundry).
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to Beatlemania--June 6-9, 2018