Wednesday Challenge: Hop, Skip and Twirl-Winner is Barry

Moderator: Golda

So cute Terrie! I had an elastic band with clips on each end for my mittens.
Elaine
eoconnell

Terrie, that is adorable! And to answer your question, I didn't have mittens, except when we went up north to visit the snow. It really doesn't get cold enough here to warrant them. That's a good thing! (Granted, it's the end of October and we had to turn our AC back on, as my husband wasn't able to sleep because it had gotten so warm, again.)
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Elaine, your color scheme is again so very pretty. I also love the way the black cord mimics the black sketched image.
Lastly, your naming it double dutch made me smile. I could never skip without falling when there were two ropes being twirled... and I also couldn't be one of the twirlers. Made me dizzy to watch. However, I loved the sound of the double ropes slapping the ground. So fun.

BTW- I found a video on YouTube that shows Double Dutch competition in NYC. If you want to see speed jumping and more, check it out- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhhAkXF0aXM
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Terrie, I lost mittens and gloves all the time as a kid. So yep... I recognize that cord. And your card is adorable.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

The last time I jump double dutch I was in eight grade...lol
These days kids don't even play jump rope, my grand daughter never heard of double dutch.
terrie

Terrie - I just made a crochet string for both my 3 year old granddaughters' Halloween gloves!

Elaine - As for Double-Dutch, I can still do it! The last time I was really serious about jumping it, I was pregnant with Katrina and I just wanted her OUT!

I had fun trying to manually cut the Polaroid type frame...it took 3 tries to get it cut out correctly! The trees and string are all glittery.

P1370309.JPG
P1370309.JPG (27.17 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
Trudeenr

Lovely card Trudi.
Linda Jo

Trudi, your little birds are adorable!
Elaine
eoconnell

Trudi, that is great and I love your perseverance on cutting out the frame! I'm totally impressed with your jumping rope at the very end of your pregnancy, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Trudi, your little birdie friends card is lovely. Bet it is really pretty close up in all of its glitter.
As for double dutch-ing in late pregnancy... I'm sure you had a doctors clearance for that? :o :lol:
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

PreviousNext

Return to Game Time -- October 24-27, 2018