Thursday-Chutes and Ladders Winner Golda!

Moderator: Golda

Hello everyone! I hope you are having fun creating beautiful cards during this crop!

One of my kids' first board games was Chutes and Ladders, and we played it constantly. For my challenge, I want you to create a Stair Step Card (the kind that looks like a staircase). Your staircase needs to have 3 or more steps and it can be for any event. As you can see I had a little oops on my card...my stair way is going the wrong way! ( :roll: ;) I didn't want my marks to show on the front so I flipped the paper but forgot to flip the template as well!) Oh well, Lizzie won't mind one bit!
P1370260.JPG
P1370260.JPG (31.03 KiB) Viewed 2182 times

Here are some links to different tutorials...
5 steps: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/reso ... lstepcard/
4 steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prYbrvY5ts4
3 steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWVsWDAE-gs

I can't wait to see your creations! Remember, anyone who completes the Chutes and Ladders challenge will be enter into a prize drawing!

1. Elaine
2. Kathy
3. Golda
4. Terrie
5. Barry
Last edited by Trudeenr on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Trudeenr

Darling card!!!
Linda Jo

What a fun card Trudi! I haven't done one of these in ages. It will be good to get the cobwebs out.
Elaine
eoconnell

Your example is adorable, Trudi! This is definitely going to be fun.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I've not made one of these in ages, either. Your card, even with the oops, is wonderful. And thanks for the links.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Great stair card and great idea from the game....I did a stair card once a very long time ago....
terrie

Oh my gosh, this was a PITA card. I vow never to make another! I still may decorate the steps since my whole point of making the 3 step card was to put "JOY" on the steps. Took me an entire day before I got this far!
Elaine
eoconnell

Well Elaine, it may have been a PITA card but it's really beautiful!

It is a little daunting but it also depends which tutorial you follow or if you use a template.
Trudeenr

Elaine, it's really pretty, even if it gave you lots of problems. Not sure what PITA stands for, but pita bread is pretty good with fun stuff in it. ;)

Just looked PITA up. I'm going to have to make sure I've got extra time somewhere to work on this.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda wrote:Elaine, it's really pretty, even if it gave you lots of problems. Not sure what PITA stands for, but pita bread is pretty good with fun stuff in it. ;)

Just looked PITA up. I'm going to have to make sure I've got extra time somewhere to work on this.

My suggestions - don't try to follow the lady with the 3 step card. I wasted 2 pieces of paper and couldn't get it to work. I finally looked at some of the other sites and made a template and that made it much easier. Cutting the front and back pieces was a little tricky but use your template as a guide and it should be pretty close. Hope it was just my snafu and everyone else's is easy-peasy!
Elaine
eoconnell

Next

Return to Game Time -- October 24-27, 2018